“So good we came back the next morning!”
Review of Cast Iron Kitchen

Cast Iron Kitchen
Ranked #80 of 768 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great atmosphere, great service, unique menu items. So good we were there 2 days in a row. We'll be back!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I never had chicken and waffles before and always wanted to try it. First visit to this comfy, cute and cozy restaurant so I asked the waitress to choose for me between 3 dishes and she chose the chicken and waffles. The meal was plated beautifully with strawberries, granola, fig jam and maple bourbon syrup. The chicken itself was cooked to perfection and hot out of the fryer. Everything on the plate was fresh and delicious. Service was excellent. The next time I pass through Wilmington this will be my lunch stop for sure!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in after seeing it on “Dive, Diners and Drive throughs”. If you go on a Friday morning expect a wait but it was well worth it. Service was friendly and fast and the food was very good. It is a little pricey for breakfast but they had a full bar so you could have a mamossia while you wait.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Yes the wait is a bit to get in but it’s worthwhile. We enjoyed the grits, biscuits and bacon. Nice decor and good comfort food breakfast. Great service

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Finally had a chance to try this place after reading so many great reviews. It was not quiet as good as I had expected but I want to try it one more time just to be fair. I had the home made corned beef hash with skillet potatoes and runny eggs topped with a cabbage chow chow and white bean relish. The hash was dry and the eggs over cooked. The chow chow was tasty/tart as were the white beans. The food was lukewarm. My dining partners had a prime rib sandwich and a burger which both said were very good. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but I will go back. There are lots of good sounding items on the menu with daily specials.