“Absolutely Disgusting Food and Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Uncle Lim's Kitchen
Ranked #525 of 703 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited this place for the last time. Ordered 2 different chicken dishes, a beef dish and dumplings to go for dinner and the bill was over $40. Upon eating the chicken dishes we found about 4- 6 small pieces of chicken with so much fat on some they were inedible. The remainder was almost all onions and the sauce flavorless. The beef was chewy and tough and also terrible. The pork dumplings were rubbery and a very odd color. We ended up throwing the food away. When calling to complain we were told we had to bring everything back so they could look at it and decide if we were wrong. I was not about to do that living over 10 miles from there. Tthis place should be call Uncle Skimpy's Kitchen. They give you no quality and value for a relatively high price. I see from other reviews that I am not alone. Avoid this place...it is downright awful and the owner obviously does not care.

1  Thank Michael C

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Does not look like the photos on Facebook or website. Ordered 2 dishes & 1 app. 1 dish was bland & loaded with pieces of chicken fat & onions, not much real chicken. The other dish was mostly onions with a bit f chicken. The appetizer, steamed dumplings were so chewy we cold not eat them. Cost us $30! Second time we tried this place, never again. Try it at your own risk

1  Thank DelleDonneJean
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We have gotten both to go and delivery and both times were great. Love the crab rangoon and the orange peel chicken and the Malaysian coconut shrimp rice, Reasonable prices, friendly ordering and very good food,

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Two dishes: shrimp char teow and green curry, plus 2 hot teas and water was $30, which alone would keep me from returning, esp considering the quality of food. The shrimp dish was bland, noodles leftover and mushy. The green curry was sickly sweet, no heat at all, runny as if made with simple syrup instead of coconut milk. The oversized chunks of eggplant did not impress, nor did the pile of undercooked onions. I asked for hot sauce to help these uninspired dishes and got 3 packets of generic Texas Pete. Consider Kyoto or Tokyo Deli if you want good Asian food that's not skimpy.

1  Thank kinsenc
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stopped in for lunch today because I was nearby for work and the owner took my order. He showed me a photo album that showed pictures of the dishes and told me the Malaysian beef rendang was his own favorite. How could I resist? I ordered it and it was so good. He was so nice and genuinely excited to find out what I thought of the dish.

I will definitely be back to try other things.