Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews trout the owner joe dawn pools creek bathhouse sites campground campers nc
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This weekend was the second time we have stayed at Timberlake Campground. I love the larger than average sites and the fact that the kids had room to run and play. Our group used five sites and were a mix of travel trailers and tents. We were right across from the playground which was very nice, as the adults could sit and visit while watching the kids play. I noticed that one review said the bathrooms were old school. We were camping at a much "newer" facility last month, and although the bathhouse was more modern, I wished it had been as clean as the ones at Timberlake. I'll take old school clean over dirty fancy any time! Thank you Dawn for letting our kids enjoy the outdoors, creeks, and fishing like we were able to growing up.

Room tip: Level campsites by a creek
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We originally planned for 6 nights at Timberlake but loved it so much we extended our stay an additional 3 nights. We have 2 children who absolutely loved meeting the other children camping and enjoyed the freedom to run around and play. Campsites are spacious and having Conley’s Creek flowing past our site was an added bonus. Bath house was always kept clean. And Dawn and Joe do an amazing job making sure that you are happy and comfortable during your stay. We most definitely will return!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Dawn met us at check in and gave us Site 43. Very level, full hook up, right on the creek where we watched campers pull trout in the mornings. Sites are large and wooded. Nice grass/moss with a rocky spot for the table. The kids played in the creek while I made dinner. We like to visit State Parks for the peace and quiet and this was one of my best camping experiences. Bathhouse was old school but super clean. If you are state park camper these bathrooms more than do the trick. No holding the button for a shower. :) AND dark. Crickets, creek and no street lights to mess up your peaceful night. Just a small little pole light to guide you towards bathhouse.
Free boats and tubes to play in pond. Can check out balls and bats at the office. Ice and firewood available.
We plan to go back soon. Thanks Dawn for a great time.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I camped her the first time when I was 6 with my parents. Now I am 54 and my wife and i love coming up here to camp. Quiet camping beside the stream just like I remember it as a kid. Nice people with big camp sites. I plan to always spend a couple weekends a year at Timberlake.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 6 May 2018

My wife and I went camping and LOVED it! Half the sites on right on a 10 foot wide creek/river. Joe, the owner, has been living/ caring the grounds since 1966, having planted many of the trees there now when he was kid! His girlfriend Dawn is as nice as can be. There is one pond for swimming and one for fishing. The campfire pits are well done. I felt like family the moment we arrived. Bathrooms are CLEAN and well maintained. WE WILL BE BACK! ~ Todd & Kacci E. Buford, GA

Room tip: Get a site along the river. Site #41 is near a small playground (if you have kids).
Date of stay: April 2018