Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The friendly employees are the best thing about this hotel. The rooms are average and the prices slightly higher than the other hotels in the area. You do have a good view on top of the hill which the hotel is located.

Our room had two two comfortable queen beds, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The down side to our room was the air conditioner cycles on and off making it hard for us to get some sleep. We eventually turned off the air and opened the window to cool us down. The breakfast was average with pancakes, yogurt, dry cereal, pre-cooked egg omelets with gravy and bacon. TVs in the dinning area

This hotel has a small fitness room and nice pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Shawna M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you enjoy our friendly staff. We hope that you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

The room itself was a bit smaller than I would have expected for a king-sized bed. However, it was laid out well. The bathroom was very large and clean. There was a large, walk-in shower. The air/heating unit is controlled by wall thermostat which is nice so you have more control over the room temperature. However, when the unit is running it is on the loud side which makes it difficult to hear the television. I didn't want to turn the TV up too loud in fear that I would disturb the neighbors. I must also say that they have the best selection of television channels that I have ever had in a hotel room. The bed was only of average comfort. The breakfast buffet had the most extensive selections that I have ever encountered, and the food was delicious. There is an in-room refrigerator but it was not very cold and there was no way to adjust it. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the weekend housekeeping staff was especially so! I did not have a chance to use the pool. Be aware when exiting this hotel it is very hard to see (especially traffic coming from the driver's left). The oncoming traffic comes around a curve that makes it difficult to see. I was almost hit once. In order to see sufficiently, you have to be almost in the outside lane of traffic. Overall, my stay was very good and I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Shawna M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our channel selections. I will pass your great comments along to our staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I really can not say enough good things about this property. Traveling on missionary work they allowed a very nice rate which I really did appreciate for staying about a week or so.

From the front desk with very friendly employees to the breakfast area that always has lots of choices and great seating options - you can even sit by the fireplace.

The property is well maintained and the rooms are very well appointed and come with a mini-refrigerator and a microwave oven... and you will want to get some food items at the local Ingles because NOT ONE restaurant in this town delivers --- not even the Chinese restaurant!

Everything worked in the room and the housekeeping was superb.

I travel on business to the area as well and look forward to staying here in the future - really can not say enough positive things about this property, just wish the other Holiday Inn Express's were like here.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I used to like this hotel, but not anymore. I've stayed here several times and had a room with a moldy bathroom last time I stayed. The housekeeper told me I had an unrenovated room, so next time I should ask for a renovated one. I was trying to book a room and the front desk woman was very rude. I asked for the manager who could have solved the issue easily. He said, "So, you weren't trying to book a room for tonight. Goodbye!" Then he hung up on me. I was trying to book a room and he knew it. I am shocked at his behavior and the desk clerk. I travel a lot and this is definitely horrible customer service. My husband and I won't stay here again, even if all the rooms are renovated! I suggest booking with hotels in Boone or Blowing Rock instead.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
steven p, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

I am really sorry for the experience you had back in September. I wish you had talked to me before you checked out and i would have been happy to have done something to compensate you. We would love to offer you a free night if you would choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

On a hill overlooking the city of West Jefferson, this Holiday Inn Express was a clean, comfortable, convenient and relatively new facility. Hot breakfast choices included the southern staple, biscuits and gravy. Staff were helpful with directions and suggestions. Good choice!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
26.3 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 18 in Boone

Been to Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson? Share your experiences!