All reviews place to stay breakfast was included dollar general beds were comfortable one night stay free wifi fast food gas mountains hairdryer
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel to check in after making reservations and paying for the room almost two months ago. Upon checking in I was informed that we needed to pay an additional $9. I asked the attendant to explain the charges and she had none. I paid the additional fee and proceeded to check in. After arriving and unpacking our belongings my wife informs me that there were finger nail or toe nail clippings all over the uncarpeted area in front of the sink and clumps of dirt in various areas. I went back to the office and asked for another room. After being given another room on the second floor we discovered that it was even filthier than the first room. Pics are attached. It appeared as if pieces of sausage from a pizza were around the bed and more dirt around the carpet. Horrible room. The only reason that I gave them two stars instead of one is due to the fact that the rooms could have been decent had the cleaning crew properly done their job. Spend a few dollars more and go up the hill to the Holiday Inn.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CRAWDAD78
PK S, General Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

If you note the 8.47 more you were charged was refunded, and you were contacted about that through the interface you booked through. The clerk had made an error in putting your reservation in the computer and we apologize for that. I'm sorry housekeeping did not do a good job they were shorted handed this past weekend and we will seek to remedy it. We hope that you will return.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We had a one night stay here and had called at the motel on speck for accommodation.
We had a spacious ground floor room with a king-size bed ( very comfortable) sofa, desk, fridge, microwave, coffee making facilities and hairdryer.

The room was very clean and, despite the proximity to the road, exceptionally quiet.
The WiFi connectivity was very good in our room and we were able to park directly outside our door.

The accommodation is very close to a Dollar General, petrol station and an Ingles supermarket.

Breakfast was included in our room fee and was served in reception. It wasn't busy when we chose to eat, there were usual breakfast items on offer, cereal, breads, pasteries, a waffle machine, coffee, juice etc. All were fresh, the area was very clean and there were free local newspapers on every table.
The breakfast area is not big but enough room to accommodate a fair number of people on one seating.
Check in and out was painless and both receptionists we encountered were very pleasant and efficient...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
PK S, General Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to make such a good review. We appreciate your effort. We do hope that we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We have always stayed here to visit family but never again. The first room the heat did not work. The second room they showed me wreaked of smoke and had the bed flipped against the wall. The clerk did not notice. The next room had hair in the tub and when I told the clerk the response was yeah I saw it. Then we were locked out of our room. They kept giving us new keys and they would not work. The clerk made the comment that the door lock must not be working again. It took 15 minutes for the clerk to get in using a regular key. Our furbaby was stressed to the max because we could not get to him. I was in tears. I asked for a discount for the inconcenience and stress caused and the clerks response was I will tell the manager. Needless to say it has been a week and the manager still has not called as promised. The continental breakfast is a joke. I asked for a handicap pet friendly room. Apparently because I am handicap and have a pet I cant have a handicap room. Not everyone that has a pet can sleep on a double bed. They had king pet rooms in the past. Also clerk did not tell me I was being charged a pet fee. I paid about $100 for a one night stay. NEVER AGAIN will I stay here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank georgeray2009
PK S, General Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

I have looked by George and Ray to see if I could find your stay. I could find no record of a George Ray or Ray George staying at our motel. I believe it is very likely that you have reviewed the wrong place. We have never had King Pet Rooms though some employees in the past have incorrectly rented them to pet people. There is also a clear sign at the front desk that there is an extra 20 USD per night per pet charge for pets in a room. Occasionally the batteries that power the doors dies and someone has to use a manual key to open the door, as we only have one front desk person on at a time it can take a few minutes to walk down the with key if they are busy, I'm sure you understand why we could not give the manual key to a guest as they could access any room. We do hope you'll try us if you haven't to date. If you have I hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Our family spent the Thanksgiving holiday--two nights--at Nation's Inn. It was a great stay. The staff is friendly, accommodating and helpful. We were looking for a pick and cut Christmas tree farm and the hotel arranged the outing. The rooms are large and very comfortable. It was, all-in-all, a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hungry E
PK S, General Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm so glad we could help you find a place to get your tree and that all wen well. We do hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I stayed at Nation's Inn for the first time in October. I was able to get a room just 3 weeks prior to going, which is almost unheard of for October in the mountains! The rates were ALSO very reasonable for that time of year, and my room was very clean and fresh smelling. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and free WIFI. Everyone was very pleasant and accommodating, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank imaboutbooks
PK S, General Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out to fill out a very satisfied review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you found everything to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon.