All reviews place to stay breakfast was included dollar general beds were comfortable one night stay free wifi fast food gas mountains hairdryer
Reviewed 28 September 2016

My name is Jerome and I really enjoyed my stay at Nation's Inn the staff they were very hospitable. I look forward to staying here again. I also loved the view of the mountain very serene, and quiet which is another plus.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you for staying Jerome and taking time to fill out a positive review, we do appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I was told by staff that there was 1 working hair dryer in the entire hotel. For (2) double bed room we were given 2 towels and 1 wash cloth and I was told by the cleaning staff that they were not allowed to give me anything else. The room came with a small bottle of shampoo, no hand soap and half of the electrical outlets did not work. It is an aged hotel that the owner doesn't seem to take pride in. There were cheaper hotels like Holiday Inn Express in Boone/Blowing Rock but they were booked so that is why we ended up at National Inns with no cancellation policy. Misled by the pictures... WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Sorry you didn't like your stay. You can ask for more towels at the Front Desk. Housekeepers are only allowed that many so we know how many linens in each room. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

My name is PHIL and I have been traveling to this area of North Carolina for several years now doing business there. I've stayed at almost every hotel in the area and I can honestly say that I've always enjoyed staying at the Nations Inn the Best. The people are great and the staff is always accomodating and friendly. A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MATHEW, JENNIFER, NICKI And THE REST OF THE CREW...GREAT JOB! Recently I just checked inn again and they just remodeled every room and WOW! Incredible. The rooms are beautiful and clean...I really LOVE this place and will always stay there and I highly reccomend it!!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you Phil for taking time to shout out for our staff and remodeling. We do hope to see you come again for many years to come.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Our motel stay at another motel was cancelled so we picked this one to stay at. The front desk person was very nice. He did find us a room on the first floor which was great, do to my husband can not do stairs. Beds were clean....that is the only reason we stayed. The tile floor had small dead bugs laying on it (see picture) who knows what was on the carpeted floor that you couldn't see. No ice bucket so they gave us a pitcher to put ice in (see picture). It was noisey. Sounded like people were right in the room with us. Housekeeping did not leave enough towels, but they brought more. No hair dryer, but they brought one.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

We had run out of ice buckets and our supplier had them back ordered so we had gotten a few pitchers to give to customers in the meantime. It appears the room you were in had a connecting door to another room and could have been the cause of the noise, had you alerted staff they would have asked the other room to be quieter. There should not have been bugs on the floor dead or otherwise but I have not heard of this instance before now but I'll speak to housekeeping on the issue. I do hope you'll give us another chance soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Yep excellent is not the word. I was told that they had recently remodelled, but wow that somehow I think was an understatement ... As I entered the room I felt like I was being transported into a luxury 5 star hotel. did not except it to be this great for the price I paid. (just between us, well for an accommodation like this I wouldn't have blinked an eye to pay 10 times or whatever they would have asked for). The rooms are & especially the bed was so comfortable ... I slept like a baby ... In fact I really wish I could visit West Jefferson more often maybe just to stay at Nations Inn. Over all it was best couple of days of my life ever. Thanks to Nations Inn for being best part of my experience there. Yes again I forgot to mention ... kudos to the wonderful staff there ... made me feel so much at home that I could love to stay here for good!!!

Stayed: June 2016
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thanks so much for your review. So few take time to speak about our renovations. I'm very happy that you enjoyed them so much. I do hope your business will carry you this way again soon.