“JUST DOWN HOME GOOD SOUTHERN COOKING”
Review of Kornerstone Kafe

Kornerstone Kafe
Ranked #29 of 127 Restaurants in Waynesville
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I had not visited the Kornerstone Kafe in some time and dropped in for an early lunch. It was my lucky day as Wednesday is meat loaf day. Meat loaf and two sides for $8.99. I arrived a little after 11:00 am and had my choice of tables in the near empty dining room. The wait staff was friendly and courteous as they appeared to be all locals. The meat loaf was superb, with green beans and onions baked into the loaf, topped by ketchup. The macaroni and cheese was not quite ready so I opted for the collards and fried squash. A large portion of the meat loaf and very tasty fried squash. I can't be sure but the collards may have been canned, but were nonetheless hot and delicious, especially when drenched in hot vinegar sauce. I was stuffed when the waitress asked if I wanted to try the homemade desserts, and had to politely decline. As I was leaving the cozy eatery, many folks were filing in - perhaps to savor the meat loaf. All in all a pleasurable lunch experience.

1  Thank wmljr2002

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I ate breakfast here. We seated ourselves and had to wait to be greated and recieve a menu while the staff caried on with a personal conversation. In addition, service was slow. On the good side, the food was tasty when we finally got it

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Had the turkey and dressing special, just like Thanksgiving, homemade everything, just fabulous! Husband had club sandwich said it was great. Very clean and nice place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Lisa and I went there for lunch the last two Tuesdays. I got their chicken tenderloin plate today. And last week I got the cheese burger. Both were very good. They had all the fixin's to go with it.... Good food and good service.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We eat here about all the time when we get a chance, The pinto beans is not too salty, and the turkey dressing is the best in town. The coconut cake and stack fruit cake will melt in you mouth. Their breakfast is almost more that you can eat.