“Best subs around”

Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Soups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Smoky Mountain Sub Shop has been serving the Waynesville area for over 20 years. Come in and enjoy our great subs and relaxed casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Always fresh, always delicious. Monthly specials. Best prices too. Don’t let the plain outside stop you from hurrying in. Also, great selection of sodas. Friendly and inviting

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My husband & I stopped by the Sub Shop for lunch and there was a long line waiting to go into the Shop. There were a lot of people trying to leave also but had a hard time because of the congestion from the crowds going in.

You have to get in line to place your order, self-serve with your beverages and wait for them to call your name up to the counter so you can pick up your food.
We grabbed a small table at the front window and only had a short wait for our sandwiches. The sandwiches were very good and the bread was soft and fresh! We had sweet tea to drink.

We noticed a J.D. Bassett clock hanging overhead at the food counter. My husband & I are from the Martinsville/Bassett, Va. area and found this clock to be a delight to see in the Sub Shop. I think it had a date of 1922 on it but the clock hands were blocking being able to see the correct date.

All in all, a very good lunch amongst the crowd. We would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were walking by and saw some people eating mouth watering grilled subs through the window and went in. We were not disappointed. The tables are placed in two sections, upper and lower level, and the customers pick up the menu to place their orders. Very tasty and delicious and not to mention that it doesn’t make a dent in your vallet.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Surrounded by antiques, some for sale. The smell of the many foods they served was intoxicating. No table service. You get your own drinks. Very popular with locals and tourists alike.
Bread was so good and fresh. I got the meatball sandwich, which if it was not so good, I could not have finished it. Very generous.
Lots of seating on two levels. Just off the main shopping street.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This place is quick friendly an tasty. The only problem is the ventilation. I can smell the restaurant on my clothes the rest of the day. But I would still recommend it for it's great food.