“Love the Lunch”

Trailhead Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #46 of 126 Restaurants in Waynesville
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My friends and I have eaten lunch here the last 3 weekends and they have gotten busier and busier each weekend. It takes a while to get your food but it is well worth the wait. They guy who takes the orders is very upfront and tells people how long it is likely to take to get their food. It seems that most choose to stay.

They have a goat cheese and pecan salad with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing that is soooo yummy!

My only complaint is that my sandwich was supposed to have mozzarella cheese but came with Swiss instead. Those two cheeses are totally different. I didn't even bring it to anyone's attention since I was so hungry, I didn't feel like I could wait for it to be corrected. And how to correct melted Swiss cheese?

Anyway, this is a good place and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The quiche is amazing but prepare for a wait if they’re busy. The pastry offerings are yummy but they don’t make croissants every day. The coffee is worth the trip!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We found this place two years ago just by chance. The food was incredible! We just went back to Maggie Valley with our motorcycle club and took some members with us for breakfast. There were seven of us and we all shared a cinnamon roll! Everyone enjoyed their breakfast and one friend said "Cracker Barrel should take lessons from this place on how to make hash browns". Everyone enjoyed their breakfast and we all look forward to returning on our next visit to the area! The service was great, also!

1  Thank nancyduke62
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here on a Friday morning. My partner really liked her super-mild cappuccino (too little taste for me) and we both loved the Sweet Carolina melt sandwich, while my bagel with jalapeño cream cheese was pretty bland, particularly the cream cheese.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Searching for a place to get a hearty breakfast before 18 holes of golf in this beautiful western North Carolina town of Waynesville. We came upon this different place, a small menu but different item from your typical breakfast choices. My husband had the smoked trout bagel egg sandwich and I had an egg and bacon sandwich on a biscuit - we were given a number and found a seat with our coffee and juice. Nice atmosphere, pleasent staff - didn't mind that it took longer - you could tell our sandwiches were made with care and talent, yummy! The trout sandwich was full of flavor as was mine, the biscuit was perfect and flaky - as it should be. I wish I had ordered a second biscut just to mop up my plate!! Next time in the area, we will be back. Oh and just because it was morning, we couldnt resist the moist and bold flavor of the pecan pie in the pastry case. Delicious.

2  Thank golferwife28