All reviews french toast breakfast was delicious bed and breakfast within walking distance washington room wine shop living room old house wrap around porch delightful place fruit cup welcome bag local attractions amazing chef new bern late afternoon virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I loved staying at the Pamlico House. Originally I booked it simply for the location so I could be near an event in Washington, NC. The instant I drove up, I could see I was in for a treat. It is a beautiful old home. Inside, the decorating is comfortable, but elegant. My beautiful room was spacious with an extremely comfortable bed (I am pretty picky - bad back), choice of 6 pillows, bathrobe and slippers. Virginia is a warm and gracious hostess - and a terrific cook! The breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

IT feels like home. I was so pleased with the service and the fabulous accomodations, Extremely clean,absolutely a must stay. the food was great also! What a breakfast.......We really loved Virginia(the owner) she is so personable. Give it a try....you will love it too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Pamlico House has all of the variables I look for in a B&B: location-walking distance to the harbor/water and restaurants, a quiet beautiful room, a wonderful breakfast, and a gracious and knowledgeable host. Everything I'm looking for in a B&B. Thank you Virginia. I look forward to returning to the Pamlico House. Dr. Connie Kracher

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Our stay at Pamlico House B&B was meant as a bit of a birthday joke for my bride, but it turned into a wonderful evening. We live just four doors away from this B&B in Washington and have known Virginia Finnerty since she moved here and opened Pamlico House. We didn't realize, though, what a very gracious hostess and wonderful cook she is. Sitting on the front porch with a bottle of birthday wine, Virginia joined us with some completely unexpected, hot out of the oven mini-quiches. As the evening was a bit cool, they sure hit the spot.

We stayed in the Charles Kuralt room - named after the CBS newscaster who frequented Eastern North Carolina. Of all the rooms at Pamlico House, this is our favorite, with it's light decor and beautiful pictures by a local artist.

Breakfast was outstanding - I don't know what VIrginia put in those thick pieces of French toast, but they were yummy!

If you're coming to Washington to visit, or, as we were, just celebrating a birthday a few doors away from our house, make sure you stay at Pamlico House!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Almost two feet of rain, Washington on curfew, and I had to complete some family business. I had to bury my aunt in a small cemetery half way between Washington and Bellhaven. Virginia was wonderful. Helped me with directions and wonderful breakfasts. Delightful and restorative accommodations. Great suggestions for dining and met delightful people who were staying there, worked there, and innovative shopping experiences including art galleries and the "estuarium".

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business