Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Comfort InnUS$112
FindHotelUS$132
PricelineUS$112
Hotels.comUS$132
Expedia.comUS$132
Lol.travelUS$135
All reviews front desk rooms are spacious hot breakfast a great stay would definitely stay here again walmart ira inns wcu elevator facility muffins smokies cherokee trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2020

Beautiful website view of hotel is deceiving. We had view of Walmart and construction. One elevator for three floors. The elevator had no door delay so you could not stop the door from shutting, frustrating guests. I just took the stairs rather than wait for the elevator. Room was set for 60 degrees upon entry. Freezing. The toliet strugged to work, this is a neglected area in all hotels. The pool was a bit dirty and needed to be shocked, as there was green algae evident. We get the whole no hot breakfast covid thing, but 3 muffins left, a couple of oranges and oatmeal packets was all that was left in the morning, 15 minutes before breakfast was to end. No help in sight. You're paying for a hot breakfast, so either offer a voucher for a free breakfast sandwich at a local restaurant, or have guests fill out a breakfast selection sheet when they check in, then have the bag ready when they check out. Just need to try harder.

Room tip: Ask for first floor away from ice machine
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020

As a former "Road Warrior", with over 5,000 hotels stays over 30 years, this was probably my WORST hotel experience that I can remember, and I have traveled to over 38 countries.

Trip Advisors
I've been top 1% reviewer in the past, when I traveled for business, because I give honest reviews based on actual person experience.

LEFT HOTEL, TOO MANY ISSUES, ESPECIALLY POOR COVID PROTECTION
I LEFT after 4 days and moved to another hotel, called the Great Smokies Inn in Cherokee, which I rate a 10/10, see review on their hotel.

Comfort Suites Hotel Sylva
I have stayed at this and almost ALL hotels in the area, because I visit our 14 rental properties in Cullowhee, 1x a month, for 7 days, about 80 days a year.

Decline in quality @ Comfort Suites, since I started staying there several years ago, and I have shared my concerns with the hotel

HEALTH ISSUES @ Hotel
"No Mask, No Entry" and all their concern about your health is "Smoke & Mirrors".

The majority of the guest were construction workers and most were NOT wearing masks, anywhere in the hotel, including the waiting area.

I have multiple pictures of constructions workers in and around the hotel, NOT wearing masks, even near the front desk

Guest coming and going at will without masks !

I'm at "At Risk" middle age white male with Diabetes, and I wear 2 masks, pleated and N95, which is hot, but I'd like to live longer.

QUALITY OF STAY
Overall 2/5
Noisy, Bags of garbage in my hallway, beer cans around the front door and in the parking lot and trucks taking up 2 spots, so can have their daily party in the parking lot.

Staff 2/5
Some were great, others, while other times I waited for someone to show up at the front desk, even after calling out.

Hotel Room 3/5
Dirty carpets, as well as in the halls(Still there from last month's stay.mold in shower

Value 3/5
Always the most expensive hotel in the area, and willing to pay because of the location, but too may issues now so I won't be going back to this Comfort Suites.

Safety 2/5
Now with a parking lot FULL of construction workers, NOT wearing masks, drinking in the parking lot at the end of every day, and leaving the mess behind, is NOT what I signed up for and won't be going back until they actually care about guest safety, let alone comfort.

It would have been nice to see someone from corporate show up this week to see the "Wild Wild West Chaos" at the Comfort Suites in Sylva.

Walmart, Lowes. The Great Smokies Inn all backed up their Covid protection policies,
Comfort Suites did NOT !

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2020

1.) ,I had to park on the perimeter by the trees. Saw two people sleeping in their cars. The area is full of beer bottles, trash, wrappers etc.
2.) Mens bathroom was disgusting. Feeces on the toilet seats, no toilet paper, no paper towels. Really?! Don't they do B.R. checks?!.
3.) On a Saturday morning, you would think they would have someone monitor the breakfast bar, which only has packaged muffins and grits and oatmeal packets. and a few bananas.
I went to get coffee, and found BOTH coffee stations out at 7:30a. REALLY?!
4.) Oddly, there is a loveseat to sit on in lobby, but has a wedding veil covering it, with a sign saying; "Do Not Sit."

Are you getting the idea. Somebody obviously doesn't care about this property.
Forewarned.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2020

We spent 4 nights here to have a central location for visiting the Smoky Mts. and Asheville area. Staff was very welcoming and accommodating. When there was no fruit at breakfast due to a shortage the manager personally arranged a fruit basket for us the next day to make it up. The hotel is clean and taking precautions for COVID-19. Give them a try if you need an affordable, comfortable place to stay in the area.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 27 June 2020

The overall hotel is nice, the staff at the front desk very pleasant and informed. The problem is the lack of maintenance and what happens in the evening. The sink in the room doesn't drain. Now imagine what happens when 2 people are using it. They have to know if they ever cleaned it, since water doesn't drain that sink has been nasty for a long time. Otherwise, hotel was like any other business hotel, small soaps and thin towels, good enough for a business overnight trip.

The next part was worse. And we understand hotels had have to be hit hard for COVID. They cater to crews that will hang out in the parking lot, drinking, smoking, loud music, yelling, from 9 to 3 am. Not just a couple, there were dozens out there partying it up, on a Wednesday night. We had two rooms, one facing the parking lot and had to deal with the noise all night, one facing the highway which has noise, but quiets down after a while. The parking lot side doesn't. So other than not being able to rest and having to brush your teeth in the shower, the price you pay is not worth it. Better off to stay at the Holiday-Inn.

Room tip: Ask for road facing room to avoid parking lot party
Date of stay: June 2020