Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Free cancellation until 17/06/21
Expedia.comUS$134
Hotels.comUS$134
CheapTicketsUS$134
All reviews pool area pancake machine bryson city nice hotel hot tub sausage enjoyed the indoor pool christmas tree great place to stay room was clean free breakfast would stay here again love this hotel super nice nice stay front desk staff king room
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

We appreciated that the hotel had COVID precautions in place. In particular, there was grab and go breakfast and they took our temperatures when we entered for check in. I didn’t see all customers wearing masks and one front desk staff had his pulled down below his face when we walked by at one point, but overall appreciated precautions. The room was clean and quiet and overall a nice stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2020 via mobile

We stay this Holiday Inn Express several times a year and this trip was just as great as always. I can't say enough great things about Nadene and Caroline. Really all of them were great but these were my direct interactions. They were both awesome in helping us with our point to stay transfer. We love this hotel as it is central to all the things we want to do. In the winter we cut down our Christmas tree nearby and waterfalls. We were here this time to hunt the ghost fire fly and ride the train in Bryson City.
Give them a try!! If management sees this review give these ladies another thank you from us! We were there Thursday- Saturday. They will remember us. We gave out truffles for the help.
(sanitized bags from Lindor in Asheville)

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Wife and I stayed two nights over v day weekend. The hotels had friendly staff, clean pool,clean, spacious, good FREE breakfast and close by to Harrah's. There is an odd RV shop in front of the hotel that isn't photographed that is a bit unsightly, but no issues.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Booked our reservation months ago and didn’t have a whole lot of service as we drove almost four hours to get here. Around 6:30 PM, my husband’s phone sent a notification that we had missed one call but they didn’t leave a voicemail. We called the number back to find that our room had been canceled over and hour before by the general manager, Caroline, because we hadn’t answered to confirm that we were still coming. Mind you, we couldn’t actually check in until 4PM. The lady at the front desk stated that this was a new policy, but apparently this policy went into effect two days ago. We let the lady at the front desk lady know that we were still on our way, but we were still about an hour away. She kindly found a double room (because our king had been given away) even though the hotel was now listing as sold out. I noticed when we picked up data service again that I had an alert for an attempted sale on my credit card, and I found out from the card company that the hotel had tried to process a sale on my card. When we got to the hotel, we got checked in, took our rooms keys upstairs and walked into someone else’s already occupied room. The young lady at the front desk had the room she saved for us as unoccupied and the person had in fact not checked out. Fortunately the young lady found a double booked room for us to stay in, because nothing within the surrounding area had any availability. Four hours from home with no place to stay after making the reservation months in advance to avoid this kind of situation, and we still ended up concerned that our trip was canceled before it ever started. Unfortunately, we will not be making the trip back out this way to stay at this hotel at any point in the future. I highly recommend that you avoid this small, inefficiently managed hotel, and spend a few extra dollars somewhere else. Those dollars might just guarantee that you have more an hour to check into you room before it is given away and you are left without anywhere to go.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylva-Western Carolina Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2020

Hi, tlartim,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Holiday Inn Express And Suites Western Carolina Area.

I read about the mishap on your reservation, and how you felt to most likely come back. I understand your dismay. I shared your comment with the hotel management, and I sent you a private message to talk about this more.

With every journey you take, I hope we'll still be your preferred choice. We promise to elevate your experience as we keep it simple and smart.

All the best,

Jeraldine R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

Hotel is clean in rooms and grounds. Staff friendly and checkout was easy. Breakfast was good and food was fresh. We didn't visit the pool but it looked as clean as the rest of the hotel. We will be staying again.

Date of stay: January 2020