“Breakfast winner”

Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are a locally owned and operated family restaurant
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Very busy place yet you don't feel rushed. Staff is very friendly and the food is very good. We always stop here (repeatedly) when we're in the area.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

It's always a bit baffling when you can buy guns and ammo at your local seafood place.

The food isn't bad, here, but the atmosphere is not to my liking. It's a bit heavy on the guns and god stuff. Some may like that, but I'd rather not feel like I'm being proselytized over dinner. Your mileage may vary.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

My cousin and I visited this restaurant, haven't been since the Grouper incident which was watery. I found out Monday is Chicken and Pastry day, I had that with green butterbeans, green beans and pineapple cake, the food was excellent. The waitress was a young waitress, which I found out had been there 3 months was lacking in friendliness and was forgetful. I asked for rolls 2 times and had to ask the kitchen mgr I think that was who it was for rolls, and I mentioned it to her and the older lady at the register, the lady was apologetic and said she was sorry we had a problem, we praised their food though

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Always a visit when we are on TI. For the price, you cannot beat the quality of the food or the wait staff. Wait staff is truly local and friendly. Portions are huge and for the money can't beat it. Don't go in for fine dining, go in for quality and quantity of food.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The grouper at this restaurant was watery when I had it, I complained and the kitchen Mgr said well you ate half of it I said look in the napkins on the plate and you will find the other part of the fish. A friend of mine went there recently and cost them close to 70.00 just for flounder ridiculous price for flounder. Haven't gone back, but I can say breakfast is a lot better most of the times. Service is kinda slow sometimes.