“As unique as its name!”
Review of Fractured Prune

Fractured Prune
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Surf City
Reviewed 12 September 2018

This is a donut shop not to be missed!

Fractured prune has an extremely creative and super fun menu of donuts to choose from, which can be a bit overwhelming at first (b/c you want them ALL!), but is so worth it!

We were feeding a crowd so we decided to get a little bit of everything, asking the staff to include some of their favorites and then choosing a few on our own that sounded delicious. Cutting the donuts into quarters so each person could try multiple was the best way to serve them...even if I found myself eating 3 of the 4 pieces of one kind,

Our favorites were the OC Sand and the Carnival (with the Salted Caramel coming in a close third). The Margarita donut was the only one that we really wouldn't try again, but that's not to say it wasn't yummy.

Try this donut shop if you can - and picking them up in-store is worth it just for the smell of warm dough, sugary dough alone, let alone the hand-dipping show that could entertain me for longer than I am willing to admit...!

Cheers!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We tried this donut shop for the first time this past week and it was awesome. The Donuts were delicious and hot. The sand was our favorite. And it has a cool name also.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

First, a confession: I'm a die-hard Krispy Kreme girl. I don't go ga-ga for cake donuts. But with a name like Fractured Prune, my curiosity got the best of me and we stopped by on our way home from vacation just this morning. The smell is enough to draw you in, and the menu is intriguing. Donuts are made fresh to order, and the selection is extensive. It's hard to pick just one, so I understand why people get them by the half-dozen or more. We split a Black Forest (sans powdered sugar); it came hot with a raspberry glaze, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. While it was pretty good, my first impression was that it tasted like corndog batter. The donut really soaks up the grease and holds onto it. For me, it was entirely too greasy, like food you'd get at a fair. It's hard to rate something like this because the "gourmet donut" is kind of a niche market. If you go for made-to-order donuts and frequent these kinds of places a lot, your review will probably be more reliable than mine because this was my first time in such a place. For my particular taste in donuts, I prefer Krispy Kreme. That's why I am giving Fractured Prune an Average rating. It has an excellent name, and it is the only one of its kind on the island, as far as I know. It was fun and I'm glad I went. They close at 3:00 daily, so don't wait too long if you want to try it. And eat them hot; I think it's safe to say they're much better that way.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Deep fried donuts with topping choices galore! Seriously! So much fun and everything we tried was amazing! Loved the French toast one!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited twice while on the island. It is a fun atmosphere. Nice mix of traditional and funky flavor options! Yummy donuts!