“Learn Southport”

Surf Tours of Southport
Ranked #5 of 21 Tours in Southport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: I stop for you to take pictures, invite questions and have conversation! 50-55 min tour... I specialize in private/semi-private tours customized for your interests. I take 1-5 passengers covering Movie an TV film locations, History, Light Houses, Pirates, Civil War, Ghost Stories, Architecture, Eateries,Waterfront, etc. Reservations are suggested most days in Summer peak periods. Member Southport Historical Society and the Local Civil War Round Table. Southport Resident for 11 years, 4th year doing tours. I give tours daily but Wednesday & Sunday give me a call for availability or an RSVP. I can also do tours before and after regular hours. Call during inclement weather if you wish to brave the elements! Locations for movies: Safe Haven, A Walk to Remember, Crimes of the Heart, Weekend at Bernies. TV Locations: Revenge, Under the Dome, Dawson's Creek, and many more. Cash or Personal Check please. I can also take you to a drive up ATM I can pick up at B&B's and I can meet boaters at the Marina.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Great way to learn something about Southport. Though there are museums, etc., this is a fun way to see the area and addtionally learn about more contemporary topics like local movie and TV productions -- think Safe Haven and Under the Dome.

Steve55x, Owner at Surf Tours of Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thanks WBR! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Southport and special thanks for writing a review! I appreciate it! Steve

All reviews
"sites"
"information"
"surfboard"

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We caught the last tour of the day, Steve is full of facts, great on history, great on movie and tv anecdotes in and around Southport. Great introduction to the town, great way to spend an hour!

Steve55x, Owner at Surf Tours of Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you so very much for "Surfing Around Town" with me! And BIG THANKS also for contributing a review. I really appreciate it!
Steve

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We drove to Southport and not knowing what to expect we took Steve’s tour and were so glad we did. You ride in a golf cart with a surfboard on top. Steve was very knowledgeable and asked us what were our interests and told us about the history and all the movies and tv series that were filmed here. I was in my glory because I loved Under the Dome and he pointed out the locations. Had to laugh he said when he was in school he didn’t like history. Well you could’ve fooled me he’s a good guide and the hour flew by so fast.

Steve55x, Owner at Surf Tours of Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear linna1, Thanks for taking the time to post a review! Glad your recognized that I ask about my guests interests as I try to customize each tour for my guests. I can only carry small groups so I can do that. My tours are indeed close to an hour. Now in my 5th year of doing tours and they still fly by fast for me too! Thanks again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Steve

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed Steve’s tour of Southport today. He is very entertaining and knowledgeable about the history of Southport, from its role in the Civil War to its place in the movie and tv history. We highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Southport.

Thanks for writing a review rfswisher! And glad you enjoyed surfing around Southport with me on Surf Tours of Southport!
Regards, Steve