“Takeout/Delivery”

Southern Shores Pizza & Deli
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We ordered take out on the first night of our stay. We had a pizza, sub, and a family salad. The salad was great. Great idea! We enjoyed the food. The delivery guy was really nice Delivery took some time, about 90 min, but it was worth the wait.

1  Thank rpowell18

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Has never eaten here and found the place based on where we were staying in Kitty Hawk and reviews from TripAdvisor. Ordered a large cheese and bacon. It did not disappoint. Very good crust and toppings. Will eat here again

1  Thank JTV1977
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We were on our weeks vacation last year and enjoyed the pizza, and decided to try it again this year. We ordered the Works and Meat Lovers. Neither were packed with toppings (and you could bearly tell the difference between the two), but the cheese blend gave it a good taste overall. But on the whole, for what we paid ($19 per pie), I would say good, but not great. I know, it is OBX, but a few tweaks to the toppings would have moved this up on my scale.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Ordered delivery. Delivery guy friendly. On time and hot! Good pizza and family size salad. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I previously (2015) wrote a stellar review for So. Shores Pizza, as at the time it was great! We have had their pizza several times over the last two years, and have noticed the quality slipping a bit but chocked it up to their being busy, etc. After takeout order last week, though, I am convinced I need to revise my previous review.
Crust is OK, chewy and somewhat middle-of-the-road. Sauce is still really delicious and flavorful. HOWEVER... They are now being REALLY REALLY stingy on the cheese (and sauce too). My first clue was carrying the two boxes out to my car - they were SO lightweight it made me take note immediately. Got them home and saw there was barely a smattering of cheese... So sparse that the only "cheese" pizza with no toppings looked red as if there was only sauce on it and no cheese - TRULY!! I do know that mozz will turn a bit translucent when melted, but this amount was totally worthless and stopped a full 2 inches from the crust edge. I SO wish I had taken a photo to attach here. Won't be returning. Sorry to say this, as they are a great local family that owns it. :( The only reason I didn't rate as "terrible" is because the sauce is tasty.