“Best meal in Duck and OBX”
Review of Steamers

Steamers
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Choose from the highest quality of steamed, grilled, and fresh fried seafood on the Outer Banks, along with signature items like our baby back ribs, vegetarian black bean soup, and New York style cheesecake. Enjoy a seasonal cocktail at the bar, relax in our bright and airy indoor dining areas, or take in gorgeous ocean views from our outdoor deck.
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here with family and friends in mid September and had the best meal of our time spent in Duck. From the welcome through to leaving we were made to feel very special. Our waitress was outgoing and fun and able to provide answers to all our questions about the menu. The food was delicious, I personally recommend the Bisque, Hush Puppies and the Ribs. If you have any room left you must try the Cheesecake and the Chocolate Cake, both to die for. We shared one of each between 8 but honestly I think I could have eaten the whole lot . I know this is part of chain but the personal touch is still there and I don't think you will be let down.

4  Thank TNT6264
123LAC, Owner at Steamers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for the great review and the kind words. Just wanted to let you know that while our name (Steamers) is not original, our restaurant most certainly is. We are a small, owner operated establishment and hope to never be part of a chain:)
We look forward to your next visit!
Linda

Reviewed 29 September 2017

While scouting for a place to eat we pulled into the parking lot of a strip mall and spotted this place. No idea what to expect. Once inside we saw a sleek and cleanly modern, two story interior. We came hungry and chose full meals. My choice was crab legs and my dinner partner had ribs. The presentation was excellent and our servings were generous. A couple seated nearby came for dessert. It was a quiet setting where conversation was possible. The service was fairly quick and everything we had was delicious. It was a relief to have some choices besides fried seafood. The next time we go to the Outer Banks we plan to dine here again.

2  Thank gogogirlsouthland1
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious fish tacos with yummy rice and beans. Loved the tranquil coastal decor. Small ocean view from the second floor was enough to make me happy. Great service.

1  Thank Fran G
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

On our recent family visit we decided to stop because they were close. They were very accommodating in seating our party of 8 during a busy time. We were not disappointed. The staff and food were terrific. So much so that we returned on the last day of trip and had a terrific meal to end our family vacation

1  Thank Russell D
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This restaurant did not live up to our expectations. The food was quite high priced for the quality and quantity delivered. I don't mind spending money on quality food, but a shrimp and scallop dinner that is "fried" and has a total of about 10 items on the plate, with french fries and cole slaw, should not fetch a price of 24.99. We were a party of 7 adults and I don't think any of us will go back there again. We were all still hungry when we left and none of us ate anything that greatly impressed us for the price we paid. It was all just average food. The waitress, however, was very nice and the place seemed very clean.

1  Thank bjanie13
123LAC, Owner at Steamers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the shrimp & scallop dish. In response to the requests we have received over the years for a fresh, local product, we serve only local, dry packed scallops and wild caught white, local shrimp. The majority of the restaurants in the area have opted to serve a farm raised shrimp and are able to serve larger portions at the same price point as they are significantly less expensive. It has always been our intention to bring the best quality and price point we can to every dish we offer. I wish you had let us know how disappointed you were when you were here, we would have been happy to make make up the difference for you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves on your next visit.
Kindest Regards,