See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We have stayed here in the past because the price was right. We decided to stay here again. All was going well until I sat on the bed and noticed a spider on top of the comforter. I knocked it off into the floor and couldn't find it to kill it. Reluctantly I did manage to sleep somewhat. The beds are difinitely out dated and need to be replaced, drapes were faded and TV is your standard , no flat screen. The rooms are clean but could use some modifications. A/C did not work very good.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor, park at your door. Stay close to the front.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Judy P
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Stopped for a night rest after driving for 10 hours . We were very tired and wanted to get a quick bite to eat and then return to hotel for a good nights sleep. We got the quick bite to eat but not the good nights sleep. Beds were very uncomfortable and I felt like I was sleeping on a bale of hay. Room rate was very cheap so I guess I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I have never been to a worse motel. This place sucks. Old and outdated. Mainly for taking a hooker to. As we opened the door to our lovely room, there's a sink right at the door and there was a dead bug on the floor. There were no outlets in the room itself, however, there was one by the sink. The decor was horrible, I was not about to see what was under the comforter. There was an air-conditioner unit on one wall and a built-in heater on the other wall. Outdated TV without remote and we couldn't get the lights to work. We asked for another room, which my friend had to drive up to the office to request because there was no phone in the room. Our next lovely room was past some shady-looking people and, much to our surprise, the converter box for the TV was gone. My friend, once again, had to drive up to the office. While he was gone, I figured out the lights and discovered that the room did have one outlet; it was the one for the TV. He comes back and says that we have to wait for the maintenance guy, who was lazy, to get another converter box from a room that was not in use. No telling when or if that was happening anytime soon. So we went back up front, got our money back, and went somewhere else. Do not stay here. There are far better places to stay for an affordable price...just not in Smithfield.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

I can't begin to describe how Awful the place is.
On opening the door, the musty odor overcame us. The bug in the sink, the dripping water from the leaking faucets, the mouse trap on the closet shelf, the laminate coming of the sink top are other things we noticed after being in the unit for about 30 seconds. My wife requested & got the key for a different unit. We opened the door and the smell was worse than the first.
We got our $ back, since we were under their "15 minutes refund rule". We are not too good for this type of place, being campers, etc., but YOU COULD NOT PAY US TO STAY IN THAT PLACE.
This was about 3 am, after a hurricane, after Columbus day, so all area 'Name' hotels were booked, we kept traveling and chose to stop later & sleep in our car.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

But if you want a clean room, comfortable beds and low prices - with tons of decent restaurants and shopping in the area - this is the place.

There's a small fridge and basic TV set up. Really convenient to shops, gas, and food.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family