“Knew this was coming”

Sushi Dojo
Ranked #42 of 107 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 1 June 2017

My husband and I ate here for lunch. We don't go to Shelby often, but when we do we make time to eat here. This was the first time we had been since last winter. When we arrived we were seated promptly but it went down hill from there. There were only 2 other tables occupied, with a total of 3 other people. To get to the point, the poor waitress was doing her best all alone but this was a very slow process. We ordered 2 rolls and they came out about 20 minutes apart. Ran out of beer no refills offered. We decided to order a 3rd roll and it took forever to come out. I am not sure where the ball is getting dropped but someone needs to find out or this place won't make it much longer. As far as the quality of the food, it has taken a turn for the worse. Honestly, after we ate I was hoping I wasn't going to regret it in a few hours. It just wasn't good quality sushi. The rolls weren't tight and very blah. There is a wide variety and we ordered specialty rolls, but they were nothing to brag about at all. The restaurant looks like it needs a really good thorough cleaning. There was no soap in the bathrooms which makes me nervous. There was also a dirt dobber flying around. Sadly, I don't think we will be able to give this place another chance.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I used to love to have lunch here before shopping but, no more. After a botched "to-go" order that I complained about got no results or resolution, I washed my hands of the place. Have not been back & hope not to!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times in the past and we are still receiving the same great food. We normally get the "Crazy Ex-girlfriend" and the " Bulldog roll" which are our favorites. This time we mixed it up and tried the Vegetarian menu. Veggie rolls and hibachi veggies with edamame for a starter. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and accommodating with any changes to the dishes we needed.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Recently moved into area and was in search for sushi. Was pretty impressed by the sushi rolls. Affordable, catchy names, and it shows they take pride in presentation and quality of food. Been here a few times, and only bad thing to say is it takes at least 5 minutes for a server to greet you, then add time to refills, and longer to get your food or even getting an order placed. Adding the time together, its almost 20 min before you get food to the table. Servers are not very friendly. Need more servers, and friendly staff.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

They were quick to seat customers, but it ended there. Waited a while just to see a server. Ordered unsweet tea with whatever sweetener they had. It that came out with no sweetener (or straw). After some time I gave up and walked up to the counter to get sweetener. Food took a while as well.

Server was nice enough but it seemed they had too few servers and too slow a kitchen to handle a medium sized lunch rush- indicators of bad management.

Probably won't be back.

Been to Sushi Dojo? Share your experiences!