“Nice meal”

Sushi Dojo
Ranked #40 of 108 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times in the past and we are still receiving the same great food. We normally get the "Crazy Ex-girlfriend" and the " Bulldog roll" which are our favorites. This time we mixed it up and tried the Vegetarian menu. Veggie rolls and hibachi veggies with edamame for a starter. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and accommodating with any changes to the dishes we needed.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Recently moved into area and was in search for sushi. Was pretty impressed by the sushi rolls. Affordable, catchy names, and it shows they take pride in presentation and quality of food. Been here a few times, and only bad thing to say is it takes at least 5 minutes for a server to greet you, then add time to refills, and longer to get your food or even getting an order placed. Adding the time together, its almost 20 min before you get food to the table. Servers are not very friendly. Need more servers, and friendly staff.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

They were quick to seat customers, but it ended there. Waited a while just to see a server. Ordered unsweet tea with whatever sweetener they had. It that came out with no sweetener (or straw). After some time I gave up and walked up to the counter to get sweetener. Food took a while as well.

Server was nice enough but it seemed they had too few servers and too slow a kitchen to handle a medium sized lunch rush- indicators of bad management.

Probably won't be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants in Shelby,that being said you will get let down from time to time here,mainly on service.Usually expect to spend at least an hour here for a meal.Everything I've had here has been good with the best being the fried crab sticks (app),the super crunchy roll and the Korean tacos.The Japanese style hibachi chicken with fried rice is as good as anyone's.My girlfriend will kill for their ginger sauce and we often stop by just to get it alone.If you don't mind waiting on your meal and want good sushi or Japanese this is a good choice.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I came here for lunch today. We have been very pleased with this place before, but not today. Even though we were here during lunch it was not busy . It took us over 30 minutes to get our sushi brought to us. They brought it one roll at a time. We ordered the basic cucumber roll, crab roll, and California roll. They were all horrible, and my daughter would not eat them (she is an avid sushi lover). The crab in the rolls was horrible, cheap imitation crab that was shredded. The cucumber roll was full of gummy rice and barely any cucumber. The rice had a weird taste to it and it was chewy. My daughter spit the rolls out and when I informed the waitress it was horrible she just said she was sorry, and put the check on the table . I will not return here.

Been to Sushi Dojo? Share your experiences!