“Slowwwww”

Sushi Dojo
Ranked #40 of 108 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

They were quick to seat customers, but it ended there. Waited a while just to see a server. Ordered unsweet tea with whatever sweetener they had. It that came out with no sweetener (or straw). After some time I gave up and walked up to the counter to get sweetener. Food took a while as well.

Server was nice enough but it seemed they had too few servers and too slow a kitchen to handle a medium sized lunch rush- indicators of bad management.

Probably won't be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants in Shelby,that being said you will get let down from time to time here,mainly on service.Usually expect to spend at least an hour here for a meal.Everything I've had here has been good with the best being the fried crab sticks (app),the super crunchy roll and the Korean tacos.The Japanese style hibachi chicken with fried rice is as good as anyone's.My girlfriend will kill for their ginger sauce and we often stop by just to get it alone.If you don't mind waiting on your meal and want good sushi or Japanese this is a good choice.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I came here for lunch today. We have been very pleased with this place before, but not today. Even though we were here during lunch it was not busy . It took us over 30 minutes to get our sushi brought to us. They brought it one roll at a time. We ordered the basic cucumber roll, crab roll, and California roll. They were all horrible, and my daughter would not eat them (she is an avid sushi lover). The crab in the rolls was horrible, cheap imitation crab that was shredded. The cucumber roll was full of gummy rice and barely any cucumber. The rice had a weird taste to it and it was chewy. My daughter spit the rolls out and when I informed the waitress it was horrible she just said she was sorry, and put the check on the table . I will not return here.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Ok. I am not a sushi expert, so take this as you will. The setting is cool, once inside. My waitress was attentive, personable and funky...all good. My crawfish-stuffed roll was good, the wasabi extra-hot. The Hee Haw roll delivered as promised. Hot fudge brownie, too.

The menu is varied, and I will return to sample other fare whenever I'm in Shelby!

2  Thank NCValuTraveler
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Once upon a time, Sushi Dojo was my lunch spot. Loved their lunch combos. Sadly, I ordered take out for dinner & they lost a customer. I arrived to pick up my meal 5 minutes after they told me it would be ready. Still had to wait however, it was a busy Friday night so, they get a pass. When I got home, I found my hot food cold, my cold food tepid & items missing. Called back to complain. Was told they were sorry & I would be given a credit next time I ate there. 3 days later, I showed up & none of the staff knew anything about the credit. I have not been back.

1  Thank Lori J

Been to Sushi Dojo? Share your experiences!