All reviews french toast turret room scrumptious breakfast lovely home wonderful stay front porch place to stay dale salida guests
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We went to the Oaks for our 39th Anniversary. It is less than 1/4 mile walk to downtown Saluda and several great restaurants and shops. Gail, the owner, has had the place for a little over 6 months. Gail's Breakfasts were outstanding as was her hospitality. The B&B has a wonderful porch and nice rooms. We loved it and wouldn't hesitate recommending it. It was also close to the Gorge and several hiking trails.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J Z
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We just stayed one night but the proprietor Gail provided the perfect B&B experience: very comfortable room, lovely home on a quiet street just a few minutes walk to town and a scrumptious breakfast. Simple yet thoughtful. Don't hesitate to choose The Oaks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susan s
Gail B, Owner at The Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed it!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the oaks in October of 2016. We tried to get a room again this summer but they were full . When visiting Saluda it is our very favorite place to stay . The owners are the best! We just love the delicious breakfast and wonderful conversations we have with the guests and Dale .
Would highly recommend a stay !

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Saluda is a fun place to visit but I don't recommend this place. The rooms are average and expensive. Other reviewers raved about the breakfast but it's hard to know why. Menu: cheapest imitation Keurig coffee, definitely not fresh orange juice, soggy French Toast drenched in some awful syrup, inferior sausage. I wonder if this place has seen its day.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Peabo2013
dp2000Usa, Owner at The Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

So sorry you had a bad experience. Although the OJ was fresh, the "syrup" was homemade and the coffee not "imitation", I understand that everyone has their preferences. I will try to do better to manage expectations with my guests in the future. As you know, I am a new innkeeper and believe I provide a wonderful breakfast and many extras. Again, I am sorry that you had a bad experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My husband and I were visiting the foothills scenic and historic areas and were fortunate to find The Oaks B&B for our stay. The rooms are authentic to its turn-of- the-century charm, yet comfortable with modern amenities. Several outdoor decks allow for peaceful solitude or friendly conversation with a beautiful woods view. We enjoyed talking with Gail, the innkeeper, who is enthusiastic about providing her guests with a cozy stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple