All reviewsfrench toastturret roomscrumptious breakfastlovely homewonderful stayfront porchplace to staydalesalidaguests
Reviewed 13 June 2017

My husband and I were visiting the foothills scenic and historic areas and were fortunate to find The Oaks B&B for our stay. The rooms are authentic to its turn-of- the-century charm, yet comfortable with modern amenities. Several outdoor decks allow for peaceful solitude or friendly conversation with a beautiful woods view. We enjoyed talking with Gail, the innkeeper, who is enthusiastic about providing her guests with a cozy stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edspillane
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I headed up north from Atlanta for a long weekend and were beyond pleased to stay at the charming Oaks Bed and Breakfast. The rooms very sizeable, the beds comfortable and the breakfast was simply amazing! We took a ride to Asheville, NC one day and a hike at the DuPont State Forest the next, both great destinations. Gail, the Inn keeper worked with our schedule and even accommodated our extra night request on short notice. Highly recommended- we can't wait to head back later this year.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Gail B, Owner at The Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thanks for the kind words and so glad you enjoyed your weekend! See you soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights here in the Green Room. Very comfortable and well equipped. The owner, Gail, was very friendly and easy to be with. Both breakfasts were fabulous- delicious and pretty to look at. Nice living room downstairs, with a TV. No TV in our room, which suited me fine. Wifi reception in our room was excellent.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConwayRebecca
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The Oaks Bed and Breakfast is a charming, older home run by a very gracious host, Gail, who is new to running a bed and breakfast. My husband treated me to a night at the Oaks for my birthday and Gail had a small bottle of champagne and assorted chocolates up in our room when we walked in. When we returned from dinner that night, she even had a chocolate cupcake for me to celebrate - a very kind and thoughtful gesture.
Breakfast was outstanding! Gail's french toast can't be beat - that in itself was worth the stay there. Our overall experience at the Oaks was wonderful with the exception of just a few minor details which perhaps were due to Gail being new to running a B&B and trying to unpack her own belongings since she was new to the area. Here are my suggestions for improvement:
1. Make a quick check of each guest room for supplies before guests arrive. There was no soap in the bathroom at all to wash our hands with, only shampoo and conditioner. Fortunately, my husband and I brought our own soap from home.
2. Provide written directions on how to operate the Keurig machine and provide a separate electric hot water kettle for tea drinkers who don't want their tea to have the faint taste of coffee.
3. Minimize noise and music downstairs after 8:00 when guests upstairs may want to have some quiet time to relax and enjoy the peacefulness of their stay.
I would recommend the Oaks for any occasion. Gail is a wonderful host and the inn is a perfect place for couples who are wanting a quick getaway to visit all the shops and galleries in downtown Saluda and nearby Tryon.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice! The rooms on the back side of the house have less noise from the road outside.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NATALIE G
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I can't recommend highly enough!!! Everything about the Oaks was charming and comfortable. The hosts were gracious and inviting. We felt completely at home. The breakfasts we had on both mornings we were there were not only elegant, but gastronomic delights.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple