See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Booked the family room for three of us. Clean and freshly redecorated.

Bathroom & Rainhead shower excellent.

Great Chinese meal....Nice and Spicey!!!

Cold beers & friendly service.

We will be back in September!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Looks a bit tired from the outside but the bathroom was new and the room was clean. We had a family room so had a separate bedroom and both rooms were spacious, tho a bit noisy. I'd stay again, especially as many other motels in Ararat are looking even more tired from the outside! Breakfast served in our room was good as was the wifi.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Travelling from Darwin to Horsham on the day. Arrived at the motel at 8:15pm, and met by a cheerful and helpful lady at the front counter.
No one was in the restaurant, however when asked if I could order a meal, they were only too happy to help.
Rooms very basic, price reflected room, however they were clean.
Road noise overnight was loud, due to interstate trucks. Take ear plugs to block the noise.

In summary, rooms very basic, however customer service good.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great budget motel with adjoining Chinese restaurant, with great food. Our room was clean and comfortable with queen bed, fridge iron and board etc. central to everything. Ararat is very historical with lots of excellent tourist spots.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I'll do this chronologically:
Walked into reception to book in - it reeked of cooking smells, then the person at reception couldn't find our booking (eventually found it), went to room - a filthy ashtray at the door. Went back to reception to confirm the included breakfast was continental not hot. Was told there is no included breakfast, I told this person (now a different one from book-in) said you booked this through Expedia so no breakfast (no, I didn't), then you booked this through travel agent (no, I didn't). I booked it through their own website which took me to their chain's (Choice Hotels) booking service. I followed this up with a phone call to confirm. As both of the people at reception had very poor English and were hard to understand I gave up. The motel is on the highway (as a lot are) but what a busy highway at night! Added to that, there is a train line behind it - seven freight trains passed though the night with four of them using their very loud diesel horns! My wife and I got very little sleep. I GIVE THIS A VERY STRONG "I DO NOT RECOMMEND!"

Room tip: Find a different motel
Date of stay: May 2017