“Coffee and cake with the pheasants”

Maggie Beer's Farm Shop
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Nuriootpa
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 20 June 2016

One of the first to arrive at 10.30, so coffee and cake was appropriate. The staff met us with smiles and information - a great welcome.
Multitude of products to taste and wine to sip ,coffee was great too.
Thoroughly recommend a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 20 June 2016

What a great place. The setting is gorgeous, romantic and I must say the chicken pie pastries were amazing. Loved the shop and felt really good to be amongst a place where I have watched Maggie cook on TV for many years.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

One of the highlights of my trip to the Barossa was standing in Maggie Beer's kitchen (the same one where The Chef and The Cook are filmed) the grounds are just so lovely and it is well worth taking the time to have a quick walk around. The staff were lovely and we lucky enough to have a really lovely chat with one of the test chefs who was busy creating a new sauce (which smelt lovely and yes I read the sign about interrupting the test chefs but she spoke to us first!!!!) The cafe was super busy and I would recommend getting a few bits together and just sitting out by the olive trees or lake.

1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

It was ok. Heard some reasonable reviews so had to check it out. Nice location and lake. Inside was a bit crowed and it seemed the racks with food on were placed around the food tables so those walking around were bumping or putting their ar5es near people who were eating - seemed a bit odd. All the taste pots were scabby too as there was nobody going around changing them. My misses went into the 2pm cooking class & said it was basically a well oiled selling machine seminar more than anything else. Menu didn't inspire me either although people food that came out look good. I don't think I'll be going back while the menu is so limited but a nice venue.
I think they need fresh blood in there to lift their menu/food.

1  Thank MrJustinCredible
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We visited Maggie Beers. Thought the place was lovely and full of yummy delights. We attended the cooking demonstration. Our son was thrilled to be called up to assist. It was very interesting and the items cooked were so simple yet delicious. We had to be dragged away as could not stop nibbling!