“while on holiday”

Royal exchange hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Kadina
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 6 April 2018

it was a super hot day when we went for a drive to Kadina from Pt Broughton, hubby apprecaiated a nice cold tasty beer. i loved wandering aroung the town and even found a couple of oppies :)

Reviewed 19 February 2018

the title says it all, not sure if is because they are running a temporary bistro but we found all of the meals served to us to be bland.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

In Kadina for work so I wanted a quick easy no fuss meal. I have food allergies and they were happy to accommodate me. I ordered a steak special which was surprisingly tender and cooked to perfection. The salad vegetable bar was better than the usual pub fare. The wine list is very limited

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered the whiting and rump steak. After waiting about an hour we asked where our meals were and after consulting with the kitchen was told they were coming next. It was a busy night but pretty sure they had forgotten our order as others who ordered later were served first. We would have preferred that they admitted it and asked if we still wanted the meals or even offer a drink for the inconvenience. When the meals arrived they were pretty average but then a long wait does influence opinion. I have read previous reviews regarding the kitchen fire and it seems they are still working in limited space. I would suggest that the meals have vegetables or salad served with them instead of the salad/veggie bar (limited as no space) until the kitchen is back to full function.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This hotel is easy to locate and the parking is in the street. At the time of our visit there was a temporary bistro due to the hotel having had a fire in the kitchen a few weeks earlier. The menu was limited due to the rebuilding. I had steak and my wife had fish and chips. The price was reasonable and the meal was served in good time. The meal was enjoyable. There were a large amount of customers at the time we were there and some people had to eat outside in an area for that purpose. General good considering the circumstances re the fire. Have eaten here before and will again.