“AMAZING FOOD”
Review of Kuan Yin Tea House

Kuan Yin Tea House
Ranked #23 of 275 Restaurants in Southport
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Such yummy vegan options. They have vegan bubble tea too and desserts and so may dishes that are incredible!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We just loved our dinner, so tasty and fresh! Even the teenager enjoyed it. What a gem to find! Lovely hosts too!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

- ordered a side sweet potato wedges. The batter tasted almost like a fried banana batter which made them like an entree and dessert. :-)

- the Sweet potato taro balls I felt as if there was something missing, needed to be more sauces available as there was only vinegar, soy and chilli.

- Sweet and sour chicken. Was a little to saucy but went well with its sides and rice.

- Veg bbq pork and rice. I would say was the winner out of the dishes we had ordered, both my partner and daughter were stealing from my plate.

- The place was reasonably priced.

- Be prepared to pay for parking out on the street if you come because it’s metered 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday.

- Plenty of space to sit and has some peaceful music playing in the background.

- Menu is set out easy to read and pictures to make your decision easier.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I discovered this restaurant recently only meters from my home. I had never eaten vegetarian before thinking it was a tasteless 'hippy dish"so thought I would give it a try. The shop is pleasant and clean and we were attended to immediately we entered. We tried a number of different dishes and were pleasantly surprised by the size of helpings,quality flavor and very reasonable prices. I am normally a meat eater but trying some vegetarian "meat" dishes amazed me at the great tastes and variety and would not have known it was all vegetarian if it wasnt in the restaurants name. We eat regularly in Southport and particularly Gold Coast area and are getting bored with a lot of the "sameness" of the meals available. A very pleasant surprise - I'm converted.

1  Thank toldguy70
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Every time I've stopped in, I've left feeling better. The owners are lovely. The food is amazing and the tea is exceptional.
Vegan-friendly, makes this a great stop for anyone looking for a nice meal.

Date of visit: August 2017