“Highly recommended - beautiful food - a lovely restaurant”

Galaxy Seafood and Mediterranean
Ranked #38 of 270 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$16 - US$28
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I am a regular diner at the Galaxy Restaurant and have never been disappointed with my meals. My most recent visit was with a group. For Entree, my partner and I shared the antipasto, which was beautiful. My main was the Reef and Surf and again very enjoyable while my partner had the Steak of the Day, which was cooked perfectly and was very tender. For dessert i had the the Baklava and my partner had the Dessert of the Day - Cheesecake. Both were delicious. I notice there have been mixed reviews of this restaurant, but on the number of occasions I have dined here I have always had a very good experience - with great food and good service. Of course, when the restaurant is busy, there may be some minor irritations with the food or service but on the whole I have never had a bad meal and will continue to dine here. I highly recommend this restaurant. Also, it is the only decent restaurant in the Southport CBD,

2  Thank Ross-Lyn B

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Friendly staff and really nicely appointed restaurant. Although having a groupon voucher restricted our choicees a bit, the food was magnificent - started with half a lobster with breads and dips Greek style, main meal was amazing, morton bay bug, prawn, mussel, fish - so much all on rice. The chips served separately were unnecessary

2  Thank Russell F
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Went here last night for dinner for the second time and yet again the service and food was unreal!! Will definitely be coming back and recommend this restaurant. Atmosphere is nice and chilled, pretty lights and received a free vip card. Thanks Galaxy!!

6  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Poor quality seafood; overcooked calamari; very small servings; expensive wines with a limited wine list; sticky date pudding was the worst excuse for this favourite I have ever had. This restaurant is not recommended if you enjoy good seafood. Staff made no comment when I provided this feedback after dinner last night.

4  Thank E409DCsteve
Reviewed 2 September 2015

I was taken to Galaxy as a Birthday treat by a friend. This was a "Voucher" with Lobster. We had a lovely meal. The atmosphere was great and the service good. I am gluten free so my Lobster Mornay was delivered without the mornay which I truly appreciated. I followed up with Surf and Turf. That was delicious. I normally will not eat scallops and it was the best. The steak was cooked to perfection.
This is a nice Restaurant and would recommend it.

2  Thank Elizabeth889