“Bought croissant, baguette and Madeleine here”

Montmartre French Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Nerang
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Great french patisserie, I have been a few times and get some stuff to take home, probably the best baguette on the coast. Had coffee once too which wasn't too flash but hey its a patisserie not a coffee specialty place

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this patisserie to enjoy a good cup of coffee and some yummy pastries. This we certainly did. Just don't understand some of the harsh reviews given and these people must have been enduring a rough day.
There is a huge range of goodies including home-made pies of various flavours. In fact I bought one to take home for dinner and it was absolutely delicious.
I would certainly return and a visit is highly recommended.
Good welcoming staff.

Montmartre F, Manager at Montmartre French Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you Bruce for you great review.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Been buying croissants from this company for years now. Can't find anything better on the coast! I do try to stay away from pastries but if I have a craving, I always get a variety of their danishes. Looking forward to our annual Christmas order!

Thank you Tiffany for your nice review.The Shop is now full of Christmas treats.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Went here last year and the pastry was okay but coffee was done by an un caring amateur. THis morning we went for a almond croissant and a Rasin.cinnamon roll and a single coffee. Coffee was made without care. Why people make and drink bad coffee is beyond me.
My sweet roll felt old in the mouth and asked to have it heated. She put it in a microwave which is not done with quality pastry. A few minutes in the oven , if not, okay but not microwaved. I think a commercial pastry flour mix was used and the custard had dried as well so was probably not made by hand but through a commercial mix. I couldn't eat it or drink the coffee. However, the almond croissant was distgusting. Why we took it to our table I cannot understand. No almond present - usually you have toasted almond flakes on top but instead there was a foul brush of a yellow in the top. Same for the inside- a sort of custard looking thing with a veneer of almond flavouring brushed over. Nothing like an almond croissant. We didn't eat that either. We complained to the lady behind the counter but she became defensive, so we left. THis place cannot compare to a real french bakery which the GOld Coast seems to lack. Brisbane has Choquette which has been excellent for over 10 years. Go to Brisbane but not this place!

Hi Zafron, we are sorry that you had such a bad experience, we would have been happy to change your coffee if you told us the one served was not right to your taste.Next time order the way you like it Some people like it weak or extra strong or not too hot or extra hot. I would have liked to read a great review from you, on Chouquette as they are so good but I was disappointed to see you didn't give them a review. I wish you better luck on the next food venue that you will visit, I read all your reviews, you must be very unlucky.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Got a selection of pastries , sweet and savoury ! Not over excited by any of these . The pie was cold but well filled . The croissant was not light and fluffy nor were the sugar pastry . Not impressed for how far I drove . Would not revisit

1  Thank Eat85