“Changed hands and absolutely horrible”

The Eden Gardens Country Club
Ranked #18 of 31 Restaurants in Eden
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We were regulars at this restaurant last year, it changed hands and honestly I couldn’t believe the tragedy that was served to us tonight. We left a gritty (I think dirty woks not hot enough) beige Singapore noodles congealing on the plate, dry chewy steamed dumplings and an inedible, substanceless tom yum and went off looking for a decent dinner. There were so few customers that the “chef” brought our meal to us. I raved to people about the earlier quality of Chilipadi in Eden. Can not recommend this place now AT ALL.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Had a bit of a stay in Eden catching up with people from the past, and the time elapsed before our very eyes, so we decided to grab some take away from the club.
Place was busy due to the weekly raffles of some sort, which in essence one doesn't find an excuse for average food, but am sorry this was pretty average.

It always amazes me that Asian eateries just don't use any seasoning in there food, the difference it would make would be night and day. It sounds so simple and take it from a chef writing this it is simple, so why not damn well do it.

Won't be rushing back here, but if you decide to go one only hopes you enjoy your feed more than we did.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We had dinner here (Chipalata Restaurant) with our 3 grandchildren and although the food was of reasonable standard it was quite expensive. Because the 3 young children could not finish their dinner we requested containers to take the rest home for them. The manager put a cost of 50 cents each on them and when I protested she simply laughed in my face and walked away.
Will we return - not likely.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I had a lovely Asian meal in the middle of our 18 holes of golf. Pad Thai and Satay Chicken was nice and service was quick and polite. Great way to spend a day.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

It was a quiet Sunday evening. Staff were friendly, food was excellent. A wide range of Asian dishes plus a few basic Aussie ones. I had a Malaysian Satay Chicken, my wife had the Crispy Duck and we shared a small fried rice, one of the best we have ever had.