“I never forget the Buffet breakfast..:)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mercedes

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Mercedes
Ranked #88 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
malta
“I never forget the Buffet breakfast..:)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Simple & nice hotel in heart of lloret de mar... Great & delicious breakfast to start your day...i was there end of April when there was the F1 grand Prix. Helpful staff and clean.

Room Tip: For me...was excellent
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank alanMalta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

Nice hotel! Excellent location! Without "seaview" of course, but it wasn't boring to walk to the sea. Great staff! The food was not great. Not bad, but not great... It could be better in such a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank irtish5102
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

I have visited this Family run hotel over a number of years and have always been impressed by the staff, many of whom have worked in the same hotel for many years. This speaks volumes about the "family atmosphere" for the staff created by the owners to have developed such staff loyalty. The staff have always been helpful and friendly dealing withe the many nationalities that use the hotel. The hotel is not modern but is a relaxing haven in a bustling town. A relaxing holiday is possible in Lloret!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GWLWALES
N.E England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

My holiday was just before peak time so these comments are when the hotel was not quite at peak capacity
The worst bit about this hotel is the street noise, (single glazing, the World Cup and fireworks ) I slept with the music channel on low, this made other noises less intrusive - and I usually had a good nights sleep.
The room was a typical hotel room (just enough room to swing a cat :)). I did peep into others and there were differences, a bit more space but no balcony and twin bed vs double or family but all were clean and well maintained ( it was just a peep - not going in to the rooms )
-The TV only had about 6 UK channels - but also had spanish, french, german and italian channels so there was always something to look at - even you didn't speak the lingo.
2 pools at the hotel but only the roof top one seemed to be used (maybe peak time would cause an over flow of bodies to the lower one?)
I went for 1/2 board so tried the restaurant every night. I had decided that if the food was rubbish- I would try the town's food but never bothered. I was there for 10 days. No repeats - (well, some of the fish dishes seemed similar but I don't like fish so --- I can't realy comment :))there was soup, a meat dish, (wide variety) usually a Special dish (Paella/spare rib/frankfurters and so on) fish, veg, potato, an other fish dish(calmares, fish balls), salad mix, potatoe salad, salad trays(onion, gerkin, peppers, tomato etc), pasta, and others including some different sweets/fruits. All well presented and there were enough staff so things were always running smoothly {I think I've put on weight - so you can believe I enjoyed most of what was on offer]
Other points? - LLoret is quite small, so the hotel was outside the "centre" but was only a short walk to most parts.
The staff were friendly and remembered me, my room number, the drinks I ordered and gave a very good feel to the hotel.
To sum up -- there may be better hotels in Lloret but for the price there will not be many.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Geordie-out-n-about
Staffs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

I always read the reviews on here with interest and a pinch of salt. We all like different things and have different standards. This 3 star hotel is in a great place in the centre of bars and shops and I found the staff very friendly and helpful. As you walk in the entrance it hits you how old fashioned this place is! Every where is dark and dismal.The lights were on constantly as the the majority of the decor is dark wood,dark wallpaper and millions of plastic flower arrangements. The old style comfy chairs badly need recovering and carpets replacing. When I walked into my single person room my heart sank. It reminded me of a 1960's nursing home. The walls were painted in shades of depressing dark green. I opened my green curtains to find a shelf not a balcony! I could only use it for fresh air. The patio doors, which did not actually lock were blocked by the double bed. The old style bathroom had no window or fan and I found it difficult fitting into the shower cubicle (notes- must diet). It rained the whole of one day and I ended up stopping in my depressing room. There didn't seem any communal areas to sit, only in small groups. The bar wasn't always open or welcoming. When I arrived, although the hotel is generally cean the taps were grooved with old soap. I really wasn't expecting frayed and holey towels. Of course I cannot speak for other types of room. The hotel is a maze of stairs and corridors which are not clearly signposted. The swimming pools, sauna, lounge are on different floors, very confusing.The food was ok, obviously geared to spanish and french. I am quite fussy but I managed to have a good meal each night. The selection of breakfast pastries and evening puddings was really good. Free bubbly one night. The hotel has an attached taverna bar, this too very dark and olde worlde. The entertainment most nights was Xavia ? on his keyboard (very skilled) but more for the over 60's and children I felt. There was a flamenco show and another act one night. There were certainly no lager louts here BUT I was awakened on a few occasions by spanish children riding their scooters along the corridors! knocking on guest's doors. I had no need for an alarm as next doors shower woke me every morning. The walls are paper thin. One modern addition was the wall mounted LCD television. Sadly the only english channels I could receive were BBC world news and eurosport. I talked to my rep about being moved but this would incur a cost to me of 60 euros. I understand the hotel is only 3 star and you generally get what you pay for, but it wasn't cheap as a single person.This is a true reflection of my stay there. if you like old traditional then this hotel might suit you.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo