All reviews jacuzzi bath recommend this hotel this lovely hotel bus station changed daily few minutes walk town centre balcony reception clubs fridge loungers barcelona
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on 8th to 15th September and I have to say the help we received from Beate on reception was above and beyond - anything we asked was never too much trouble. The food was fantastic and the Restaurant Manager Pablo was also very hard working and gracious to us. The only problem for me at 76 was the loungers around the pool were situated too close together and therefore I was unable to access them, But nevertheless well done Hotel Cleopatra

2  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Before I list my bete noirs, I must say how, generally speaking, the staff, particularly the reception team, are most helpful and friendly. A special mention to Daniel who greeted us on arrival at 2am in the small hours; he went out of his way to assist me in my hour of need as I had stupidly left my hand luggage on the independent transfer bus. He was so helpful and after a few attempts, managed to establish that they had my luggage safe and sound, waiting for me to collect at their offices the next day. A great relief. Beate, a lovely lady, also went out of her way to afford us a far better 'superior' room as the one we were allocated initially was in the older block and was small despite 'superior' rooms being advertised as larger than standard. To sum up, the hotel is driven most efficiently by the hardworking staff; unfortunately they are driving an old model:
The buffet dining experience is not 4 star standard. The dining room is tightly packed in and tired looking; most definitely in need of a complete upgrade. Good points are that the food is plentiful and all main course and some starter options are changed daily. The down side is that food at best is mediocre, lacking flair and flavour for the most part, with cheaper pork and chicken options most days. Breakfast is bland and hard going after a couple of days. There's plenty of cold meats and cheeses if that's your bag. Cereals are underwhelming, as is the cooked breakfast which I tried a couple of times trying to give the benefit of any doubt. Unfortunately the 'bacon' is consistently limp and almost white in colour and the whole collective including egg, sausage and baked beans are always cold/lukewarm.
Communal areas are not 4 star standard; far from it. The indoor seating in the larger reception area is utility at best and is reminiscent of a community centre; as is too, the outdoor seating area on the terrace outside the hotel bar, overlooking the pool where old, ridged floor tiles looking way past their best line the whole of the outdoor area. Cheap, white plastic chairs and tables are regimentally lined up side by side, dominated by a large glass ash tray in the centre of each one; a personal invitation for smokers to puff away, contaminating the space of everyone else in the vicinity. For this reason, we did not sit on the patio around the pool for the whole duration of our stay. Indeed the vile smell of cigarette smoke pervades the dining room at meal times as those who have finished their meals or have chosen to take their meals outside on the terrace, light up at their own convenience, of course. A practice not seen in the UK for several years now in confined public spaces and an in-your-face reminder (literally) of how some of our European neighbours are still stuck in the past where indeed 'Smokers Rule, OK'. The imposed health risk of second-hand smoke, let alone the violation of a person's individual comfort is seemingly lost here ☹️.
On a positive note, our second allocated room in particular, was very spacious, newly redecorated and stylish; albeit cold and clinical. The bathroom was exceptional with a large spa bath (a feature of the 'superior' rooms) and quality fixtures and fittings. Sadly a very big negative was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a small fridge to keep drinks cold. I'm guessing they want to sell you teas/coffees/cold drinks at the bar and do not want to provide hot drinks free of charge or encourage you to bring anything in from outside that may need refrigerating. I can vouch there is a very handy safe in the superior rooms but they charge €4/day which we found a blatant rip off. Also, Wifi in both rooms (opp. sides of hotel) was extremely unreliable which made viewing anything very frustrating. The worst for me however was the beds. I was aware of others' comments on here about the uncomfortable beds and thought how bad can they be, right? How wrong I was to be so dismissive. They are a solid lump of very dense memory foam which I came to refer to as a 'shock absorber' and imagined that if a large solid cube of concrete was dropped from a height onto one of these mattresses, then it would land with a thud and nothing more; no movement would occur and there would be no visual signs of damage to the block or to the mattress. For the average size and weight of a human, there is no give whatsoever and I, personally, arose each morning with aches and pains I never thought were possible and a slight 'frozen shoulder' before, was exacerbated to a whole new different level. Bottom line, no quality sleep for 11 days.
A good measure of a place is when asked the question, 'would you go back?'. I would have to say that despite the very good customer service which goes a very long way, and the great bathroom, the consistent uncomfortable night's sleep coupled with the mediocre food, lack of tea/coffee making facilities, rip off safe charges and definitely not forgetting that 'Smokers Rule, Ok', I will definitely have to say 'no' and take my chances elsewhere next time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 785KarenA
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Cleopatra hotel is situated in the center of LLoret de Mar,very close to the shops and restaurants and less than 10 minutes from the beach.
The reception staff are very friendly and helpful.The hotel is kept clean throughout and
the sauna,steam room and jacuzzi are a bonus.
The food served in the restaurant is of a consistent high standard.
Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We came to Lloret de Mar for a family holiday and birthday celebration. The hotel staff were wonderful, arranging all the surprises before our arrival. The hotel is situated within an easy walking distance of the beach and shops c.10 mins (it is shopping heaven!) but just enough out of main "party" area that you can sleep.
Many guests come back to this hotel year after year and we can understand why, all of the staff especially Andrea and Agata were friendly and helpful, the rooms are exceptionally clean and the pool and other facilities excellent. It's an ideal place for both young and old and we will certain return to the Cleopatra Hotel.
We would also highly recommend taking the train to Barcelona from Blanes, it was a lovely journey along many coastal towns and took only about 1.30 hours.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our 2 week stay in Lloret with our infant child. initially we were horrified by the room. we were given a room at the back of the hotel and the balcony looked on to another balcony with no view. In addition we were given a rusty crib for our infant child. After complaining and reaching out to Expedia to correct the problem, the hotel did a great job in making sure that our stay in the hotel was a comfortable one.

What makes this hotel exceptional is the friendly service. this hotel really cares about its customers and the staff goes the extra mile to make sure that you're satisfied. we were always greeted by the Smiling hard-working staff each time we entered and left the hotel.

Also the hotel is located in a prime location. it's close enough to the beach yet far away from the noise and the crowd. it's perfect for families and those looking for a quiet hotel stay.

Breakfast was amazing. every breakfast item you could ever wish for was there.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and we're definitely going to come back here the next time we're in Lloret.