“Nice pool area”

Ranked #95 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Nice pool area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June, we were using Lloret as a base for going to see a rugby match in the south of france.

we didnt stay all inclusive so i cannot really comment on that too much other than the glasses they give you your drinks in seemed to be tiny (not even half pints of beer by the looks of it) so that would have been annoying.

the Pool area is what drew me to the hotel and I couldnt have asked for more, the pool was a little run down maybe but very clean, there were plenty of sunbeds and never had a problem with that.

didnt stay in for the entertainment or any drinks at the hotel at night but as we were passing through the hotel at night on our way out we could see massive amounts of young 17-19 year olds who were pretty drunk, from what i gather though they all leave at 12 when the bar closes

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Lloret

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CptChunderpants

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

first impressions were quite good,but there are some staff there that forget that you are a paying guest by the way look and speak to you.hotel could badly do with full time handy man to repair the cracks and flaking paint from the 1st floor up,however the ground floor was kept in very good condition. food was enjoyable with large variety,hotel geared towards french and spanish along with all the emtertainment!

Room Tip: they charge to get wifi,1euro 1hr, 2euro 3hrs, 5euro 24hrs per appliance !turn your appliance into a...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hovis77
hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Having returned from samba i thought i'd look at the reviews again, which i had before leaving the u.k. and have to say that a lot of negative comments seem hard to fathom as i never experienced any of the problems mentioned. I travelled alone and got the requests i had asked for and given a great room. For the price paid i expected much less, but how wrong i was, all inclusive option is a must and the hotel is in one of the quiter areas and up a slight hill which was,nt a problem for me but a great base for the bus station and lots of pubs clubs etc within five or ten mins.

Room Tip: ask for pool view on lower floors as recent refurbed
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank jimbotravelHull
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

On arrival everything looked rosy, but after the first night out the security guard got really violent for no reason, I think it was because he doesn't like english people. He was very rude and got quite abusive, and then took my camera and deleted all our holiday pics. When I questioned him as to why he did that, he got very aggressive and pushed me to the floor, other holiday makers were watching in disgust, but no one had the courage to say anything to him. I would never go back to this hotel. A dreadful experience for my friend and I.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hassan F

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Im not quite sure where to start to be honest, I arrived back in the UK just over a day ago and am still upset and shocked by the disgusting treatment both myself, my friend and all the other english people in the hotel recieved from the staff. Myself and my friend (both female in our mid 20s) were looking for a last minute trip abroad, and like most people who will read this and still think it wont be that bad, we decided to book it and were sure we'd be fine..WRONG!! We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by miserable staff, once of which features as the receptionist on the website video, trust me that smile you see on there is fake!! We were surprised to find everywhere we looked were old scowling people, literally staring at us like we were something on their shoe. In the morning at breakfast (if you could call it that) we asked the waiter for a bottle of water to drink, he refused and gave us tap water in a jug although all the other French/german and spanish guests had bottles, when questioned he said we werent allowed bottled, and that water was in the tap! We were later told by other english people that they too were not given the luxury of clean water!
That evening we decided to go have some drinks in the bar, we walked in to recieve dirty looks off everyone, in the end we decided to sit outside for fear of being attacked with walking sticks or false teeth. Id just like to say that both myself and my friend were not drinking heavily, we had both decided that as we were alone abroad we didnt want to be drunk, also i had a bad experience with alcohol in the past. Throughout the night a few french and english people came and sat outside, we arranged to go into town with a couple so we nipped in to drop off some stuff in our room....only to find we had been locked out! We walked to the side entrance down a steep hill which my friend fell down as it was so dark, when i knocked on the glass the security guard stared at me and turned away, hence i knocked again. He came running over, slung open the door, put his chest to mine so our faces were almost touching and screamed 'SHUT Up, RESPECT OTHER GUESTS'!!! I said we hadnt done anything, to which he screamed 'ENGLISH SHUT UP'. We got in the lift and were speechless, we werent going to go back out but unfortunately we realised my friend had left her camera outside so we begrudgingly went back down. As soon as we got the reception we were jumped on again and the guard screamed at me and pushed me with his chest, the receptionist said we should go to bed, then refused to let me go get the camera. Eventually a guest brought it in and a lovely english group said they had witnessed the whole thing and aggreed we hadnt done anything wrong. They offered to take a picture to cheer us up....bad idea...the security guard ran up screaming NO PICTURE and snatched the camera from my friend (by this point it was on her wrist, hence he hurt her by pulling it), he then ran behind the reception and started deleting pictures!!! She has pictures on there that are sentimentally irreplacable so i said if he touched that camera its illegal and ill call the police, to which the guard screamed and told me that TONIGHT IS MY LAST NIGHT EVER.....i burst into tears as i took this as a physical threat, he then said we would be thrown out, i said no as i havent done anything wrong..so he rang the police! Shaking and sobbing an english guest took us outside and stayed with us untill the police arrived. They wouldnt listen to us and when the english man offered his details to act as a witness they said 'no details, no details' and walked off, i said i wanted to complain about the guard and they told us to 'drop by' tomorrow! We slept with our suitcases against the door for fear of being attacked and the next day although we had paid all inc, we ate all our meals out of the hotel. When we tried to complain the lady of the reception said the manager was away for 2 weeks, I said iw anted to speak to the area manager then to which she replied, Im in charge. SHe read what the guard had written and we were both disgusted. He accused me of being physically and verbally abusive TO HIM and said we had been running up and down the hallway screaming and throwing drinks at each other outside!!! She didnt listen to us and wouldnt write anything down her response was that we could stay, but 'dont drink tonight'!
I have reported this to the travel company through which i made the booking as I am holding them partially responsible, I am also seeking legal advice to take the matter further. We are both absolutely disgusted, If you are thinking about going on holiday here DONT, please trust me that this hotel is terrible and UNSAFE, if you have already booked it, CANCEL! 2 26 year old girls were physically and verbally assaulted and no-one cared, do you really want to risk it happening to you??????

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends