All reviews old town bit dated shower curtain nice hotel good size reception staff breakfast room bars and restaurants sea centre advice
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

For work I stay at this hotel regularly. It is a comfortable hotel located in the centre of Trapani, exactly between the old city and "new" shopping street.
The rooms are clean, but some rooms lack power outlets near the desk to connect a laptop for instance. The internet is the biggest flaw. Even when the hotel is empty, it is slow at best. When it's full, it is nearly impossible to use for Skype or Facetime.
The breakfast is simple but could use some improvements for a four-star hotel, like a choice of eggs, instead of just cold boiled ones.

The room amenities are a little old fashioned, but every room has at least a 32 inch flatscreen TV and a bathroom with bidet. When sleeping with the window open, there is noise from outside traffic, but this is normal as the hotel is centrally located. If you want to connect a DVD player or equivalent to the TV , bring a long (5m) HDMI cable to be able to plug in your player to one of the scarse outlets in the room.

In short: improve the internet speed and breakfast to make this a full four-star hotel. At this time, my opinion is that it is somewhere between 3 and 4 stars.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a month while working in Trapani.
I was lucky enough to get a room on the first floor(I'm led to believe by colleagues that the rest of the rooms on all other floors are pretty average at best). But on floor 1 the superior rooms are nice spacious room with high ceilings and a lovely big bathroom with walk in shower.
I can't find one grumble about the rooms. My only moans about the hotel is the noise the cleaners and hotel porters make all day every day in the corridors, from as early as 6am. They shout at each other ridiculously loud and it becomes annoying and unpleasant after a while. The cleaners also clean the rooms about three times a day, which sounds great but becomes a little intrusive after a while.
I can't fault the room though, it was a pleasure to stay in for such a long time.

The breakfast on the other hand was vile, truly disgusting. The food itself is horrid enough, but there were swarms of tiny flies in the fruit and the fresh tomato bowl. It was enough to turn your stomach. Honestly could say it's the worst breakfast I've ever seen in any hotel.

Would I stay again? Yes, but only on the first floor and I'd eat breakfast out.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Delightful location and very nice hotel. Elaborate breakfast was included, and quite delicious. The hotel is in an excellent location where the city centre, shopping and restaurants are easily accessible. The beach is 2 minutes walking distance and the view was spectacular! The only drawback is that if you're a light sleeper, the walls are quite thin and all kinds of noises can be heard from your room to the next. Although, I would definitely book it again!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jfunaro24
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed three nights in this hotel. Shortly after we had settled into our room a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine was sent to our room which I thought was very nice. The breakfast is good and the rooms very clean also. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2016

This hotel is very well situated in the center of Trapani not far from the old city and from the new city.

The rooms were very clean and also cleaned each day with new towels.

The breakfast was excellent with a good choice and we thank Salvatore for his kindness throughout our stay.

Also the two ladies at the reception were very kind and helped us in all our needs and questions.

Its the best hotel to stay in at Trapani and we thank all the staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but no balcony
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family