US$115
US$70
Hilton Foshan(Foshan)
US$72
Priceline
All reviewsclub roomhong kong airportcanton fairhotel is located centrallybetter than averagelarge hotelassistant managerbusiness centercouple of nightstrade showlittle indiafair complexvip loungeinternational standardsdirect busnoodle stationnice property
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I'm writing this review to recognize the efforts hotel staff took to fix a careless mistake.

One evening, our room was opened by a hotel staff who was leading two guests inside. He immediately stopped and backed out of the room as soon as he saw someone was inside. This caught my family by surprises. I quickly went out the door and the staff person apologized repeatedly but didn't offer any explanations. The two guests who took seats in the hallway also didn't seem pleased about the situation. I went back into my room and called front desk manager. After a short investigation, the manager called me back in 10 minutes to offer an apology and free hotel massage services for the mishap calling it an honest mistake. But again, still unsure how such mistake happened, I went to front desk to talk to management the next day. They were eager to ensure the safety of my family and our property and changed free massage to Happy Hour dining at the VIP lounge situated at a different tower. In the end, they didn't explain how the mistake happened. However, I believed this was an isolated incident and I made my points clear to them regarding guest safety.

This hotel is in a prime location if you are staying in the Chancheng District. A short walk to shopping malls, restaurants, and tourist sights. A 7-11 on the ground floor adds extra convenience. We didn't try breakfast buffet since there are plenty of better options (dim sum, wonton noodles, etc). Our room was spacious with modern renovations as well as a street view. The gym was also well maintained. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
EMMA M, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear guest,thank you very much for your valuable opinions and deeply sorry that we would not provide more comfortable services in your stay. We apologized for the incident that bother your stay, and we are sure this was an isolated incident that it did not happened before. Guest safety is our first priority, and we will make sure that nothing like this happen again. We hope it would not affect your impression of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next time when you are in Foshan, and if we can do anything to make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

We stayed here for four nights while on a business trip. The hotel is huge, rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, and the location was near malls where we went to for dinners. Front desk and concierge spoke good English and were really polite and helpful.

Breakfast buffet was better than average (for a hotel in China) but they served the same dishes day in and day out. The coffee in the dispenser was awful but you can ask the servers to make you coffee/lattes from the "machine" as they called it.

One night, the room across from us wafted strong cigarette smoke for a good 2 hours even if we were on a non-smoking floor. The management should penalize guests that do this. We were too sleepy to complain.

There is a 7-11 on the ground floor of the hotel. Very convenient.

We would stay here again on our next trip to Foshan!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
EMMA M, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Foshan. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoy the experience about our hotel location, room and our service provided. Also, we are very appreciate that you made the comment about our breakfast. Your related feedback about the dishes and coffee will be addressed to our restaurant for consideration and improvement. Also, for the smoking inccident, we would try our best to aviod such inccident happened again.Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Foshan. We appreciate very much your support and look forward to welcome you back again to gain more comfortable experience in next stay.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Although the rooms are a bit small, but they clean and specially the bathroom. Good variety of amenities. I really enjoyed the breakfast but not the coffee. Staff are friendly and are fluent in English. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
EMMA M, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate the nice comments you made about the service of our team.I will make sure to share your positive words with them! Also we are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast experience and I am delighted to introduce you that we provide special coffee menu, Dutch Coffee, Dutch Affogatto etc.... so hopefully you will have an opportunity to try our delicated coffee menu. Our hotel consists of 410 rooms with different room types. We are very much focus and value our customers’ needs and expectations. We suggest you book a higher room category on you next visit to experience a higher standard of our guest rooms.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is a well located hotel in Foshan. We received excellent services from the staff as we checked in one of the club rooms on the top floor on Dec 23rd. Room is spacious and has a very nice view of the city. We had lunch at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. After a short visit of the city, we went back to the hotel for the afternoon tea at the top floor lounge. We had a few food items and had a glass of grapefruit juice. Unfortunately both my wife and myself started having problems of vomiting and diarrhea in the middle of the night. We suspected that there could be contaminated iced in the juice or the food was not fresh as it was a slow day at the lounge. We probably will come back to stay at this hotel but will not eat any food here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
EMMA M, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you very much for your valuable opinions and deeply sorry that we would not provide more comfortable services in your stay. As the hotel under the IHG group, our hotel strictly implement the food hygiene standard. For you conerns, the juice containers at the executive lounge has isolated ice interval, it uses only for freezing and no direct contact with the drinking juice. If you have any concerns, please kindly contact to our staff,we would provide more service. Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Foshan. We appreciate very much your support and look forward to welcome you back again to gain more comfortable experience in next stay.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I'm staying in smoking in the smoking floor, yet still found smoke whenever enter into the corridor. Complained to front desk, but seems no action has been taken. My reason of choosing this hotel is because it's a reputable international hotel and has non-smoking floors (As I know smoking is common in most China hotels). I do not understand why the hotel provides astray in the non-smoking floor lift lobby. Isn't this encourage it's guests smoke in the lobby?

In addition,I also met some unfriendly front desk staffs. But there are concierge staffs are very friendly and helpful.

Overall I'm really disappointed with this hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
EMMA M, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

We really appreciate the comments you made about our hotel.Your related feedback will be addressed to senior management for consideration and improvement. Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Foshan. We appreciate very much your support and look forward to welcome you back again to gain more comfortable experience in next stay.