See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We needed to stop for the night and this was perfect. Very clean, friendly staff, quiet, very comfortable bed. I slept straight thru the night which is difficult for me in a hotel room. Spacious room and bathroom. I would give it 5 stars except the breakfast wasn't that great. It was free breakfast, but I've had better continental breakfasts at hotels. The bagels and English muffins were rock hard and the waffles tasted like corn bread waffles- weird. Still overall we would definitely stop there again.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jaypatel01, Webmaster at Americas Express Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. I'm sorry that the free breakfast didn't appeal to you. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

Trust me when i tell you people this...do not and i mean do not stay here...i stayed for a week due to a situation. Roaches on toilets and in sink. Lamp shades dirty and stained( how that even happens?) The cover has stains on it and looks like blood spots. Dust on the socket boxes. Cig burns everywhere on bed.. I got 3 huge itchy bumps on my arms the first night.. Carpet got so many stains. I have my shoes on 24/7 stay away

Date of stay: September 2014
Jaypatel01, Webmaster at Americas Express Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways, but I’m glad none of the issues were significant enough to cause you to cut short your weeklong stay. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future if the need arises.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Made third party reservation. Desk clerk checked us right in. Room was ready and clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Definitely will make this a halfway stop on our trips. Restaurants and gas stations nearby.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Richard M

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you will stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. See you soon, I hope.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I sent this review to the corporateoffice after our stay on Jan 2nd and still no response back. Terrible customer service skills.

We were quite disappointed in the cleanliness of the room and the response we got from the front desk as we reported it twice; checking in and leaving. The bathroom had visible hair on the floor some of which was clumped. I felt repulsed. The bedspread had two highly visible cigarette burns in it. There was also dust in areas there should not be dust. The carpet was also filthy with a huge stain in it.

The night we reported it they told us are room could not be changed. They did not even offer someone to clean it or to even give us something to clean it. None of us took showers in it because it felt dirty. When we checked in we were told you booked on Priceline so this is the only room type we have to offer you. It was a handicap room. We did not mind so long as it was clean. It was not. We felt like second class people when we were told that we booked on Priceline. If you do not want to sell the room on Priceline then do not put it out there. We are paying customers just like everyone else.

The night before we were told our problem would be passed on to the next shift, but when we checked out no one had contacted us and acted as though they knew nothing happened. We were then told again we booked on Priceline so they could do nothing about it. An apology would have been nice, but the response was, "other then that was the rest of your stay okay." We were completely ignored about our problem.

I will put this response on Priceline and rate the hotel accordingly if someone can not respond to our issues since they were already ignored at the hotel itself.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David H

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions from the past. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your needs. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process aimed at making the hotel better than ever before, and a lot has changes in the many months since your stay. I hope you will visit again and see how we’re getting better every day. You’ll be surprised by all the positive changes.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here New Years Eve while visiting family and the night we checked in the comforter did not have any animal hair. We got under the cover and went to bed. The next morning we saw that the side of the comforter that was close to our body was full of animal hair. The hair was intentionally hidden because only one side of the comforter had the animal hair. It was disgusting!!!!!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nakia H

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I’m very sorry we couldn’t meet your needs or expectations. We take great pride in being a pleasant, friendly and accommodating place to stay, and we obviously let you down in some ways. For that, I apologize. In the time since your stay, we’ve made significant changes -- and I hope you will visit soon to see how we’re better than ever before.