“Great for kids”

Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham features developmentally-appropriate experiences that encourage imagination, curiosity and skill-building. By exploring the theme I CAN, the Museum allows children from birth to age 10 to role play, test new ideas, learn how to get along with others and build confidence.
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to take kids. I try to take my son somewhere when they have days out of school to keep him engaged (and off electronic devices) I took him and a friend Friday and they had a great time. I love that it gives them a chance to play and learn

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"exhibits"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The Discovery Place in Rockingham, NC is an excellent place to take your children on a day trip. Both children and their parents will have a great time with all the learning activities, and special events put on by the staff. Parents can even let their children free-range a bit, as there is so much to keep the young minds occupied. This is definitely going to be a regular visit for my family.

1  Thank Wike F
Reviewed 10 January 2017

This is the best children's museum that I've ever visited! It requires a modest admission in exchange for two levels of exhibits.The top floor alone held my toddler's interest between a safe, gated under 36 month play area, to the auto garage, diner, train, and more. The downstairs features science exhibits and a cool water are with aprons.We were there about two hours but could've spent another 1-2. I suggest arriving early to avoid crowds and germs. When we arrived at opening all of the items in the exhibits were being meticulously cleaned.I'm not sure how they clean the costumes or clean the items mid day. I would also suggest bringing lunches and eating there. They had a small eating area by the restroom and vending machines. They also have a nursing nook, which is a thoughtful and comfortable addition. I will return for sure!

1  Thank nontrendytraveler
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This is a great little museum for the toddler in mind. Lots of free play areas with plenty of educational toys and activities. We have been twice now and each time new discoveries are made! There is a water area so bring a change of clothes for your child or they will have to play in the rest of the museum wet.

1  Thank listentothisadvice