See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My group had made reservations for a 3 day stay. We gave them our credit card number to hold the rooms. The day of our arrival she call me and told me she ran our card for validation and our card came up invalid. She told me that she needed a valid card to hold the rooms. So I gave her my personal card number until we got there. When we get there we all payed for our rooms and had a great time. A month later my credit card and our club credit card had a $80 charge. I called them back to find out why we were charged and I given 3 different stories. Again a great place to stay but they are very sneaky when it come to over charging. BEWARE OF THE NICE LADY!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Wido58
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have stayed there for ten years. We have never had any problems there. They treat us as if we are family. We love staying at San Ran! Ann and Randall are really great people! We HIGHLY recommend staying here! They are motorcycle friendly, clean rooms, great prices, quiet area and very accommodating. The rooms are large. They go out of there way to get you a room and make you feel comfortable about your stay with them. We can't think of a better place to stay or better people and we have stayed at several Motels. Thank you, Ann & Randall. Rodger & Gail Renshaw

Room Tip: Clean rooms, peaceful area and very good owners. Very accommodating! Close to a lot of scenery.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived late after doing the "Dragon." Did not have reservations. We were met with open arms and friendly attitude. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. This motel caters to motorcycle travelers (which we were). Ann provided information on local eating establishments that proved to be excellent. A bit pricey but worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This motel I have stayed at several times. The owners are a second generation to run this motel. The rooms are large and it's nice to be able to open those screen doors and let fresh air in. I was a little upset that I did rent a roll away bed and did not need it when we arrived. She did still charged me the 10 dollars and then rented to someone else for the night. The mattress on it is long over due for replacing. The location is right in town and walking distance to many fast food places and grocery store. This is a dry town so there is no walking to a bar or liquor store. It is a great central place for several scenic rides/drives. Biker friendly and always has been even before the "biker" resorts in the area. Good old fashion hospitality. I will continue to use San-Ran as my base camp for the Dragon's Tail and Charahola Parkway.

Room Tip: Every room is large. Bring an inflatable mattress for the kids to stay in the same room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am the housing coordinator for my company. Our employees travel throughout the US for 3 months at a time and I set up their travel accommodations. My employee actually found this motel and I agreed to speak with Ann (seems to be the only person that works here) to negotiate a rate because my company was paying for the charge. We agreed to a monthly rate of $750. I asked Ann to charge the AMEX weekly to match our company reconciliation of our AMEX statement. She agreed but charged our card a weekly rate of $275. When I called to dispute the overage, she called me a liar and said that I authorized the weekly rate, as well as having my employee fraudulently sign for the charge. I explained to her that I would dispute the charge with AMEX and she didn't seem to care saying that she has dealt with the fraud department before. Needless to say she continued to be very rude to me as well as my employee. I have contacted the BBB as well as her local chamber of commerce. I would not recommend this motel to anyone rather it is a night or weeks, no one deserves to be treated with such disrespect, rudeness, uncooperative and unappreciative behavior. Shame on you Ann and whomever is responsible for allowing her to treat customers this way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business