Review Highlights
Great Ice Cream Destination

Anytime we are in the area we stop by for some of their great ice cream. I've never eaten anything... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2017
Samaca
Elkin, North Carolina
via mobile
Lots Of Local Crafts

This is the typical mountain General Store with lots of local crafts and music cd's. They also... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2016
James G
Summerfield NC
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We had hiked the Stone Mountain from top to bottom. We were sweating profusely. We decided to go to the Stone Mountain General Store, where ample ice-cream was available for a good price. Boy they gave us huge scoops! It was truly refreshing. Also their store is acclimatized. Another added bonus. We bought also several bottles of water. We were so thirsty! They had food on the menu as well, for dirt cheap and they were also selling local wares. The owners were so nice!

1  Thank Robby G C
Reviewed 18 June 2015

My husband and I stopped for a few minutes after visiting Stone Mountain. We did not buy anything, ice cream looked good though. Building is pretty. They were not as fully stocked as I expected. I guess I expected more souvenirs, crafts etc. Worth a stop though.

2  Thank KimStephen
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

Cute little store.. Has local knick knacks and treats.. pottery tools, mugs, CDs, and ice cream! Nice porch to hang out on after a day of hiking!

1  Thank I_Heart_Tripping
Reviewed 5 September 2014

After our hike up Stone Mountain we came here for some refurbishment, most likely ice cream. We realized we walked up an appetite so we ate fresh made sandwiches, no room for ice cream. A really cute place.

1  Thank Crystal595
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A general store is just that & this one has some pretty neat 'stuff'. We stopped in yesterday on the way to hike on the Parkway & left with some fresh, locally grown produce! Check it out!

1  Thank oek9mom