Review Highlights
Great Ice Cream Destination

Anytime we are in the area we stop by for some of their great ice cream. I've never eaten anything... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2017
Samaca
Elkin, North Carolina
via mobile
Lots Of Local Crafts

This is the typical mountain General Store with lots of local crafts and music cd's. They also... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2016
James G
Summerfield NC
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2014

After our hike up Stone Mountain we came here for some refurbishment, most likely ice cream. We realized we walked up an appetite so we ate fresh made sandwiches, no room for ice cream. A really cute place.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Crystal595
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A general store is just that & this one has some pretty neat 'stuff'. We stopped in yesterday on the way to hike on the Parkway & left with some fresh, locally grown produce! Check it out!

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank oek9mom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We decided to pop in after several hours of hiking at Stone Mtn. What a pleasant surprise.! We enjoyed our food, shakes & ice cream all while sitting on the breezy front porch.

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank sally B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I love stopping here for ice cream with the kids after a visit to Stone Mountain. The porch rocking chairs and swing are very relaxing after a long day of walking. I love the ice cream here! I always get one scoop in a waffle cone and it is so big that I never finish the whole thing before I am full! If they have the banana split or strawberry cream cheese flavor when you go - these are the best I think!

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been to the store more times than I can count..I live close to it and a Sunday afternoon for ice cream or a hot dog with a "little" coca cola..(I like the little bottles..it is just enough for me) and some chips..is a most relaxing evening..along with the rockers on the poarch and the sometimes blue grass music..I find you can really get close to nature (GOD if you please.) and the breeze ..OH! I couldn't ask for more enjoyment once in a while...Love the hotdogs..This "ole store is what it is...not specialized in anything, EXCEPT southern friendliness and a place to relax...

Date of experience: March 2013