“Convenient and Yummy”

Ranked #542 of 1,607 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Acro Cafe is located on the 4th Floor of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh, NC. We're a locally owned North Carolina restaurant in a North Carolina museum-serving breakfast, lunch and small plates made up of the freshest, local ingredients.
Reviewed 11 July 2018

When you go to a museum, aquarium, etc, food prices are going to be a bit higher - the rent, you know! It's the same everywhere so you might as well get used to it or plan to eat before or after. The nice thing about Acro was that the food was really quite appealing and tasty if a bit museum pricey. My sis and I shared a fancy chicken salad wrap and the accompanying fruit cup and it was enough for both of us. My granddaughter had a children's meal of juice, cookie and yummy grilled cheese -- I ate part of the crust so I know about the yummy part! The museum takes hours to tour so having a restaurant on-site was a delight.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was running late in the Museum when I discovered this cafe. So I went ahead and ordered lunch there, even though museum cafes tend to have lousy food. Not true for the Acro Cafe, though. I ordered a Cuban sandwich, and it was very tasty and filling.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We had been here before when a different company was running it. The staff and food today was not great. There were not many drinks to pick from at 1:30 in the afternoon. Checkout took around 14 minutes.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Enjoyed stopping here for lunch during a visit. They had a nice kids meal that had sandwich and mac and cheese options that came with chips or fruit, milk or other drink, cookie, and a small plastic animal. Salads, sandwiches, wraps, paninis, baked goods and smoothies. I enjoyed a nice vegetarian butternut squash and swiss cheese panini.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

When at the NC Museum of Science, you're bound to get hungry! In the insect exhibit, they have this little restaurant with a surprisingly large menu to chose from. I always get the children's macaroni and cheese. Some menu items can be a bit pricey, but with the view of the butterfly room and the large windows that overlook Raleigh, its worth the stop.

Been to Acro Cafe? Share your experiences!