“Perfect Oysters and Setting”
Review of Death and Taxes

Death and Taxes
Ranked #124 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Pro Tip: Eat at the bar of the open kitchen and watch your meal cooked over an open flame.

The oysters are amazing. The appetizers spectacular. The cocktails are simple, creative, and delicious. The wine is well cultivated.

The meat - steak/pork etc. is all perfect as are the sides.

The service is a bit hipster, but knowledgeable and prompt.

This is great for a business meal or a date night.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Yes, the food was delicious. I had roasted beets and grilled avocado while my friends had the same dish together with the grapefruit, chèvre, and smoked hazelnut that it is listed in the menu. And that was just the first course. The point is that the sous chef, Andrea, whom I called earlier in the afternoon, was totally accommodating when I discussed what I could and couldn't eat given some annoying food sensitivities I currently have. She tailored the appetizer and entree beautifully for me, and it made for a restaurant perfect evening.

Thank you Andrea, and thank you to the rest of the wait staff who had no trouble presenting me with the correct plates.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Had dinner here during a getaway weekend in Raleigh. The entire meal was unbelievable! Seated exactly at our reservation time. Our server was friendly and attentive all night Every detail was superb!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve been looking forward to dining here for some time - finally had a chance with my wife and oldest daughter who is a pescatarian (17). Super friendly staff and helpful guidance on menu. No rush at all to experience. Three of us had two starters, main course and shared two sides. If I could hit restart I don’t know if we needed starters but everything was top notch. I had the strip steak, wife had chicken and daughter had shrimp. Sides were fingerling potatoes and corn. Everything was great, I actually think the chicken was best out of all three but everything was great. Dessert was chocolate cheesecake for wife and lemon ice cream / ginger cookie dessert for daughter. I’m not a chocolate fan but that ice cream dessert was off the hook.

Really enjoyed it all.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I had the Bear Creek meatballs, charred cabbage, apricot chili vinegar, fried scallions. The meatballs were good, but the cabbage was amazing! The crunchy scallions mixed into the cabbage was a perfect finishing touch. My server was very invested sharing information about the restaurant and the dishes with enthusiasm. Very nice experience.