US$162
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Aloft Raleigh(Raleigh)
US$148
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$101
US$237
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

US$203
US$180
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$160
US$152
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$182
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

US$129
Hampton.com
US$55
US$94
US$72
Red Roof
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Pell room and loved it. It had a little private balcony, fireplace and charming character. Breakfast was delicious and the hospitality was wonderful. We were running late for our check-in yet we were met at the door with a nice warm welcome. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was luxurious.

Room Tip: My only caveats to a couple deciding on a room at this inn has to do with the tub and TV. This particular room has a historical clawfoot tub which is too small for a couple to use together and the TV is located in a very awkward spot making it fine for catching the news, but not the greatest for watching a movie in bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColleenNC
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night. It was a beautiful charming place. We needed to be in downtown Raleigh for a Winter Ball and this w as a charming relaxing place to stay. The house is in the National Historic Registry. The host's Alvin and Angela welcomed us warmly and graciously. They were so kind to get us settled and oriented. The rooms were comfortably appointed in time pieces that really make you appreciate history. The decor and grounds were really kept up nicely even in the dead of winter. Angela made a wonderful breakfast that started our morning on a high note. They along with their son gave us a warm feeling that sometimes is lost in the hospitality industry. Thanks again for everything and if we get a chance to need to stay in Raleigh again we will come back. No more big box hotel for us. The Oakwood area surrounding the house is so wonderful and if you appreciate architecture this is where you want to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
OakwoodRaleigh, Owner at Oakwood Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I am so happy that you are happy! Angela and Alvin are a great asset at the Oakwood Inn. I appreciate your business and hope you get a chance to come and visit again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I booked a quick getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary in Raleigh, a city we hadn't yet visited since moving to NC 3 years ago. We always stay in B&B's but the selection in Raleigh was lacking. When we arrived (8 pm on a Friday evening), the inn keepers seemed perturbed even though we had called ahead and warned them we were running late due to traffic. There were issues with their credit card system, so they would only accept cash or check! We settled into our room (The Polk Room) which was very nice and had antique bathroom fixtures, comfy king bed and a little front porch. Breakfast was delicious the next morning and we enjoyed the company of the other guests (family from Europe visiting their son at NC State). However, the hospitality from the inn keepers was lacking - almost as if they were just going through the motions. For the money, I'd probably just spend my money at a nice hotel in downtown Raleigh!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

There was an Interim Innkeeper at the Inn when you stayed in August. I apologize that you feel the hospitality was lacking and would like to assure that is not the way we run our business. In regard to the credit card problem, we had explained in our confirmation that there was an issue and it really took close to three weeks to resolve. Thank you for staying at the Oakwood Inn and I sincerely hope you give us another chance in the near future!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was our first experience of staying at a B&B ... and what a positive experience it was. The young family operating this very quaint old Inn were as accommodating as they could possibly be. Not being familiar with the area, we asked for suggestions and directions to restaurants in the area and she took the time to actually write out street by street directions for us. Our room was well appointed with all high end antique furnishings and a gas log fireplace glowing for us when we arrived. The location is in the heart of a historic old neighborhood just a short walk from the Governor's Mansion and the downtown area that had many restaurants and clubs.

To the Inn Keepers ... Thanks for a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words! We are really glad you chose to stay at the Oakwood Inn and hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Yesterday I made reservations for March of 2014. I did click the terms and agreements but failed to notice that you are billed in full at the time of the reservation. I did see that they charged $20 if you canceled the reservations. I emailed them right away (5 minutes later) when I saw that my credit card had been charged in full on their system and told them that I would be willing to pay a deposit but having to pay for 3 nights during the week 6 months in advance was excessive. At all the B&B's I have stayed at I have never had to pay for my entire stay in advance. Her response to me was that I had checked the box and they were keeping the $20. She said they were closing on the property in a couple of weeks. Needless to say we will be staying elsewhere in Raleigh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ohiovol5466

The reservation system clearly states the policies which include: reservations are paid in full upon reserving and that all cancellations will be charged a $20.00 fee. The policies have to be accepted by the guest before the reservation will go through and the credit card charged. An email cancellation was received at 10:30pm but not opened until the next day.