All reviews bell tower great location the mexican restaurant modern vibe hotel bar ncsu campus hotel guests hillsborough street cameron village room key directly across the street parking deck ice machine close to downtown stayed one night mini fridge staff was very friendly
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Loved the location. Great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Right across from campus. Super nice staff. If you have a city view, expect to hear beeping sounds from crosswalks. It isn't a bad sound, but not for those who are hypersensitive to such things.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Mark Z, General Manager at Aloft Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thanks for sharing your great comments!
We enjoyed having you stay with us and certainly hope to welcome you back in the very near future !!

Cheers...

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

On recent trip to Triangle area, we had events in Raleigh and north of Durham so we booked stays at both Aloft Raleigh and Aloft Durham. The Raleigh location is on the NC State campus while the Durham location is in heart of revitalized arts and entertainment district. Both had great staff, clean rooms and located near good restaurants and bars within walking distance. Would recommend either to folks staying in the Triangle area. Slight edge to Raleigh because more to do in Raleigh.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Mark Z, General Manager at Aloft Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thanks for sharing your great stay with us...

We are thrilled to hear you stayed at both the Raleigh and Durham locations.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future...

Cheers!
Mark (Raleigh Aloft)

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I don't recommend staying here unless you can withstand noise. By noise I mean being able to hear someone at the other end of a person's cell phone talking. The walls were very thin so I could hear conversations in the rooms on either side. The people weren't being noisy the fault was with the walls. I felt like I was staying in a dorm.
When I went to the desk to request a different room there were two people in front of me asking for the same thing. I was told the hotel was booked and I couldn't be moved even though there were rooms. It could've been easily fixed by upgrading me to another kind of room that might've been quieter. I had come to the hotel very early and was told I would get a corner room but I ended up in a room by the elevators which added to the noise. I was awakened by a couple that came in at 3 AM. Given that I was dealing with a health issue it was a very unpleasant stay that didn't include much sleep.
The hotel is well located right next to the NC State campus so location is good. I would recommend that this hotel bring some white noise into the rooms and find a way to soundproof more. The ear plugs that were offered were not an option for me as I needed to be sure I could hear my phone if it rang.
There is no restaurant in the hotel itself. It is merely on the ground floor so room service is not offered. Since it's on a main road through Raleigh there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Also the front desk can help you arrange for food delivery.
Parking is six dollars per day which was not much given that you are able to park in the structure adjacent to the hotel.
Lastly the hotel is very secure. Your room key is needed to go up the elevator and into the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Mark Z, General Manager at Aloft Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.
I would like to apologize for the challenges you faced regarding not getting a good night sleep.
I am sorry to hear you were dealing with a health issue, I certainly wish you a speedy recovery. There is nothing worse than when you are not feeling well.

Please rest assured we will investigate the particular room you stayed in to determine why the noise level was unusually high. I also want to thank you for your kind words regarding the location of our hotel.

Again, please feel better and thank you for making us aware of your experience.
I am truly sorry...

Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This hotel has a more modern theme to it. The hotel in general and the rooms were both clean and nice. The bathroom has a sliding non-locking door. Some may like this but I have never been a fan of that design. It's not a good thing if you want privacy. All of the staff were really nice and accommodating. I had a breakfast voucher but I don't think a complimentary breakfast is included by default. This was a business trip for me where everything was paid for so I was pleased.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Mark Z, General Manager at Aloft Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
Thrilled you found our hotel to be both clean and nice.
We look forward to welcoming you back again real soon...

Cheers!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at Aloft during the NC Governor's Inaugural Ball! The room was great, with an awesome view of NC State's campus below. It was strange that breakfast was not included in the hotel fare, because most hotels of this caliber include a complementary breakfast. Other than that, beautiful rooms and lobby, great staff, and overall nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our hotel...
I agree, that view of the NC State Campus is awesome!

We look forward to welcoming you back again, this time we will try and
not have a snowy day!!