“Mixed Bag”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Haven't eaten here in over ten years but had a gift certificate, so we checked it out. Went on a Friday night and immediately noticed that there were lots of empty seats. Had a burger; it was alright, though the cheese on it was more like a weird spread, since it had been over-heated in the microwave. Service was OK. Asked for onion rings but got fries; however, the pleasant server made it right without it becoming an issue. Prices were reasonable, and they have a couple of lower-priced special deals going on, but you kind of get the feeling that this is less a restaurant that is actually cooking food and more of a glorified vending machine with a microwave in the back warming food that is made elsewhere. Given that two adults ate decent food for under $20, I am hesitant to call it "poor" on the rating, but I guess my overall concern about the place is that if you want a Mexican dish, you should really go to a real Mexican place. If you want a burger, you should really go to a real burger place, if you really want some seafood, go to a real seafood place, and so on down the menu. It has a couple of nice salads...it has a couple of unimaginative pricey-per-bite bar food appetizers...but... to some extent, this place really serves fast food on a plate instead of merely being on a plastic tray. I think Moe's has better Mexican. I think Five Guys Burger and Fries has better burgers, etc. I have to wonder if the whole business model of Chili's is the bar and the food is a break even? The place doesn't really seem to have a fire in its belly or on the grill.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Came here on a little late night binge. Food was served fresh and hot, server was VERY polite and entertaining. We loved her. Would return.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Same decor, same food as any Chllis you may visit. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Food was good. Extensive bar menu.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Food is certainly okay, but what is going on in Chili's management lately? From the ridiculous wireless terminals on the tables to self-announced "teams" of servers? I understand needing to stay relevant after decades of being in business, but does anyone really believe that taking credit card payments via battery powered, wireless devices at the table is a secure method? Until they start concentrating a bit more on the food and a bit less on catering to the perma-phone crowd, I'll head elsewhere for the time being.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

I have dined here multiple times and the issues have ranged from brown lettuce in my salad-which I sent back and the lettuce was returned less brown to issues with service. Usually have 1 server and 2 trainees and never see them. If you have your server's attention, ask them for everything you want at that time. They will not be back. Which brings me to the point of my review. The ziosk. I am not sure why restaurants think customers want yet another screen in front of them flashing advertisements. I do not. My dining companions do not. Yet every time we have turned the screen away from us, a server comes by (great time to catch one) to turn it around so it flashes the ads. Now they are trying to force customers to use it to pay. Problem-I pay cash, so the other day had to wait 20 minutes to flag down another server to explain that 1) we did not wish to split our check equally as one had ordered just appetizers and the other a meal and without a server changing it, that can not be done with the ziosk. Secondly...When I said I am paying cash, the server held out their hand for the money without showing me a bill. When I asked, server blinked and responded you want to see the bill? Yes...I do. Was not aware that would be seen as an outrageous request. The ziosk needs to go. I hope this tech nightmare does not make its way into other restaurants. Also, this Chilis needs to work on ingredients as well as service. Many other good restaurants in the same area. Skip it.

2  Thank Cdaae