“Good fast fast”

Ranked #7 of 53 Dessert in Raleigh
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Daily Planet Cafe is located in the Nature Research Center of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences and features breakfast, sandwiches, salads, wraps, desserts, smoothies, Larry's Beans coffee and a full bar.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast with/coffee was very good and super fast. Watch the people go by on a window front stool while you enjoy your breakfast. Next door to natural history museum shop.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Food is okay service is great but the best part is the location. Wow visiting the museum, this restaurant is located so you do not have to leave the building which makes it a One-Stop destination for an all-day visit. Salads are available but it's primarily fried food.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Nothing special for me, it was a quick decision to stop for a breakfast sandwich. Had the ham, egg and cheese croissant. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the sandwich, but the ham was extremely salty, to the point I had to finish my sandwich without it. A little pricey, but it is a convenient location and an okay place to stop as you make your way through your day. The staff were not very engaging with customers, just there to ring you through and move on to the next person.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The menu has changed over the last year and so has the taste. It’s good enough for a lunch, but it’s not near as yummy as it use to be. The coffee is just okay, but their homemade granola bars are still amazing.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was with friends visiting our legislators in the LOB, and didn't want to eat in the cafe in the capitol, so we went out and found this place at the museum. while it is connected to the museum, it also has a street entrance, which is helpful if you are buying for takeout or finishing your drink after you leave, because food and beverage are not allowed in the museum. The menu is on the wall, and it is interesting and varied, and hardly just your ordinary burger joint. You place your order at one station, and they give you a pager to alert you to pick up your food at the serving counter. This became confusing, as they delivered my friend's order to the table, while my pager didn't sound off when I saw mine ready on top so I walked over to get it. My friend had a bacon-and-brie grilled cheese sammich. I had a French dip, which was tasty and enormous and the dipping juice was savory, which came with fries (or a fruit or Miss Vickie chips). I also got a side of mac & cheese, which had a creamy cheese sauce and was garnished with some shredded cheddar on top, and was also quite large. Either of these items alone would have been enough for lunch, and I wound up not even needing to eat dinner that night. All was served on real dishes. Prices were modest. The place is modern and fresh looking and very convenient. I recommend this place as a pleasant, quick and easy place to eat conveniently without going to a tedious fast food joint or spending more.