“Good Spot for Drinks and Apps”
Review of ORO

ORO
Reserve with OpenTable
ORO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,609 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wilmington
Description: ORO features generously portioned, sharable tapas-style comfort food re-interpreted for a modern palate.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Interesting and impressive drink options. Must try the potsticker appetizer.

Great location with easy access to additional bars in downtown Raleigh.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Oro for brunch. We thought it would be a good choice because we had really nice time there for dinner last year. This place is not a good value on the money that’s spent for brunch. All of the choices are a- la- carte. The best choice was the sausage wontons. Had we stopped there we would have rated higher. But things went down hill from there. I ordered the beer cheese burger. It was good. My wife ordered the savory creme brûlée. After one bite, my wife was weirded out by the taste and texture of this dish. Another thing that kind of weirded us out was the way the chef was looking at us intently. We were the only customers in the place(we were wondering what his problem was). Then we noticed that they were closing soon. We had made reservations at 1pm. We were unaware that they ended brunch at 2 & that they would be closed the rest of the day. He we known, we probably would have picked someplace else(Like BuKu). No offense to the chef but if he didn’t want to work past 1pm he shouldn’t have put himself on the schedule until closing. That wasn’t our fault. Anyway, my wife asked if she could swap it out for the breakfast in the islands dish. That was a no go as well. If we ever go back it would be for dinner only.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We haven't really eaten at small plates restaurants, so this was new to us. The food was very good with creative presentation. Service was excellent. Especially enjoyed the smoky ribs.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

My daughter and I enjoyed a great lunch during Restaurant week. It is a small place with two levels, with tables and barstool seating. Some of the seating for two is quite close together. We had miso coated, corn-on-the-cob skewers and beets over arugula. I had a blackened chicken flatbread pizza and she had the shrimp and grits. Very small portions, but tasty. And this may have been more to do with restaurant week than their regular portions.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I had the privilege of eating at Oro during Raleigh downtown restaurant week, and what a great choice. The vibe is very clean, modern, and “city”. There are lots of windows so you can people watch the street. The white chairs & dark wood tables gives the place a lux feel. Cory our server had a great personality and was quite knowledgeable about the menu, and the best part was the food was just as amazing as the surroundings and the service. We did the restaurant week menu, however the restaurant also serves food tapas style for sharing. This place wood be a great date night out or girls night out. Either way you won’t be disappointed.

Been to ORO? Share your experiences!