All reviews comfort suites backyard bistro hockey game carolina hurricanes stayed here small suite carter finley stadium dining table coffee table great ac attending a concert great hotel sitting area outdoor pool the hotel parking lot room was spacious and clean rooms are huge
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I am so surprised. I sure didn't expect to like this hotel so much with all the negative reviews. But I trusted the most recent reviews and they were spot on. This is a great hotel. My room was big, bigger than I expected! The view out the windows was a landscaped hill, which I loved because I need to wake up to light in the mornings. The view provided the privacy I always want. It was clean. There's a bit of wear in the carpet, but this isn't a brand new hotel and it appeared to be well maintained. My room was the first off the elevator, but it was very quiet. This surprised me because I'd been at a different hotel a couple of weeks ago in Raleigh, same thing with the room being the first in the hall from the elevator, and it was noisy and disruptive (at 3AM no less!). This one was quiet and peaceful and very pleasant.

I would highly recommend this hotel. I plan to stay next time I go through Raleigh. The rate was very reasonable and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

For the cost per night of this hotel, I was expecting a disgusting dive we were willing to put up with for one night after moving in my daughter at NC State University. Boy we're we surprised! This hotel was clean and the staff were attentive and excellent. There was free breakfast which was not bad at all. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms clean and huge! The best part of our stay would be the comfort of the bed and pillows! The sheets are super soft and I slept in one night like I haven't slept in months. The area is safe and quiet. Conveniences like gas stations, restaurants, etc are close. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We were in town for 3 days for my husband to attend training thru NCSU. First 1/2 day met on campus and we weren't too far away but then when the rest of the class was held at a NCSU barn, we were only 2 miles away! That was great to pick up and drop him off so I could play!
Now, about the hotel, it was pretty and clean with nice people working there. The room was so spacious and comfortable!!!! The price was good... with taxes, only about $100 per night. Just a bit nicer than standard breakfast but it was great that someone was on duty to clean, refill, help during all of the breakfast time. Oh, and it was sooo handy that I was able to do laundry and take clean clothes home! The washing machine is $1.00 per load however, I had to use about $2 in the dryer each time even tho it was labeled .25... not sure what was going on with that. I reported the issue to front desk and they gave me extra quarters to do what I needed. Btw. If u are going to use laundry, it's on the second floor. We had room 222 that was only a couple of rooms down and made it very convenient. Between rain and wanting to do other stuff, I never tried out the pool but it looked nice enough.
I was a little confused when booking, I thought it was still a Comfort Suites, (I wanted to get Choice Privileges points) but the place had changed a couple of months ago. Still don't regret this choice! This was a great place to stay. I wish I could take it with me everywhere I travel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmiss09
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here to go to a Hurricanes /Leaf game. The rooms are huge and spotless. We had a King room, it had a kitchenette, table and chairs, sitting area with a sofa and coffee table plus the king size bed. It is in a great location. A ten minute walk across the street and through the parking lot to get to PNC arena. There is a sports bar, the Backyard Bistro, beside the hotel parking lot. Lots of seating and TV'S at the bar. The game was at 7 and by 5 the bar area was pretty full. We had wings and chips and salsa (they make their own salsa). It was all delish!!
We would definitely stay here again if we were going to another event at PNC.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Don't let the name fool you, this is an incredibly nice hotel! Extremely friendly service all around. The rooms are huge and spacious with all the amenities you'd ever need. The beds are comfortable and clean. The rooms are spotless! Microwaves, mini fridge, huge bathroom, a living room area, great AC, two large windows and a big screen tv. Wifi and good breakfast included in the price!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple