“Very clean and comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This property is under renovation since December 2016 so if the faint aroma of fresh paint is bothersome to you go elsewhere. All of the bathrooms are being refurbished and my room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Management is very upfront about this and there are signs in the elevators asking guests to "excuse the noise" and traffic as old fixtures are being taken out. My room had a new bathroom and it was truly impressive. I would come back to this motel again without hesitation.

Room Tip: King Suite was well worth it
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Shawn-Maurice P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Recent Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an more enjoyable experience for each of our future guests. I hope you will visit us again so I can more sure you have a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I normally enjoy my stays at comfort suites but this was by far the WORST hotel experience ever !!! We checked in late and I was ready to get into my room but upon arriving the front doors were locked so we had to wait out in the cold. There was no sign of anyone at the front desk for around 5 minutes, once we finally got inside the lady working the front counter seemed confused or tired, I am not sure which one exactly but she was not very pleasant. The following night there were kids running up and down the halls playing and I believe there was a party being held that night in the hotel due to there being loud music playing throughout the night, making it impossible to get a good night rest. I guess we just chose the wrong weekend to be in this hotel because it went from bad to worst. People expect to come to a hotel and be able to relax and have peace and quiet that was not the case during this stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frequenttraveler0901
Shawn-Maurice P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Recent Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. But unfortunately our policy is if someone be it you or your guest smokes in our suites there is a fee. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I was in Raleigh on business, and I booked a room at the Comfort Suites Arena. The hotel has a 5-star rating, so I was pretty sure it was going to be awesome. The hotel is very beautiful, and it looks brand new.

The night receptionist was very nice. She gave me a downstairs room, really close to the reception desk. The hotel seemed very quiet, peaceful. The room was incredible. It was very big, with a nice couch area. The shower was about twice the normal size. I loved it.

I had ever intention of giving this room a 5-star rating like everyone else, but I really can't. 2 things happened. I had gone and gotten food, and was settling down to eat when this insanely loud noise started in the room. After a while it stopped. I was curious, so I got up, and began to investigate. I few minutes later it started again. It turned out to be the air conditioner/heater unit. I wish I could place a sound byte here so people could actually hear how loud this thing was, but I didn't record it anyway. I didn't call the desk or demand to be moved or anything because I figured they had to know this was happening already. I've never actually demanded a new room in my life. I think there is too much demanding going on in the world already I guess.

I stayed here a couple of nights. I didn't sleep very well because the unit would wake me up now, and then. The second thing occurred on the second morning. I decided to extend my trip, and I called to the front desk. The guy wasn't surly exactly. He just wasn't very nice. I expect to treat people well, and be treated well in return, particularly when I'm paying someone money. He told me that the room had gone up 9.00 the next night. I didn't like it, but I paid it. I asked if that was the members rate. He informed me there was no reduction in the rate for being a member. I knew it was 2.00 cheaper from the night before. He later told me that was because I booked online, and that their loyalty program doesn't offer any room reduction.

I don't know about you, but I join loyalty programs to pay less money on rooms, not maybe get a free night under some condition I will probably never fulfill. The entire experience left me sort of unhappy. It would be unfair to give them a 1 or a 2 or even a 3. This is an excellent hotel. I won't stay here again either way.

Have a Blessed Day!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Shawn-Maurice P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

When I was staying I left a cash deposit, instead of putting a card. (Somebody just did purchases from my acct and I blocked everything.) Front desk asked for 100$, so that's what I left them. Next day when I was checking out, front desk girl asked me to wait to check if everything ok in the room and then told me they can't give it back because I was smoking. Which I didn't. I don't smoke or drink and I barely touched the room, just slept, took a shower. I got so surprised how can they do it. I asked for a manager. They said he is not there. I was running late to my yoga class and said I'll come back. I came back and it was ugly, they in my face tell me that I was smoking, it smell like smoke. Which is a lie & when I got frustrated from lying to my face they said they would call a police which I said go ahead. I started crying from people being like that, called my husband, he told me not to waste time with them. So of course I highly recommend them to review their front desk team. Scam and thief. And as for the hotel guests, just be cautious with that hotel if you end up there through Priceline.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Shawn-Maurice P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Olga,

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Selena at the front desk was WONDERFUL! Her level of customer service made our stays such a pleasure. We booked workers here to help with Hurricane work. The workers were very pleased with the hotel and we all felt very taken care of!!

Room Tip: Great hotel with Wonderful Customer Service
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Shawn-Maurice P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Amanda,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an more enjoyable experience for each of our future guests. We hope to see you again soon!