All reviews rooftop bar capital grille north hills minimalist design fun stay smells amazing rain shower yard house seventh floor entire room marriott points easy walking distance front desk sliding glass door marriott brand comfortable beds this past weekend
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Perfect location. You can walk to many restaurants, shopping and bars. It's a very modern styled hotel and I like the floors instead of carpet. The beds were comfy and I appreciated that we were on a quiet floor. Parking was free in the parking deck across the street. Very nice guys working at the front desk. We will definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Janice K,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel and thank you for your compliments. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our modern rooms and amenities. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area.

Best,

Reviewed 4 October 2018

My stay was not terrible, but not really good in any way. The rooms have a minimalist design, very square and sparse. Contemporary but a bit uncomfortable. While trying to work at the desk I hit my knee many times on a sharp corner that juts right out into the leg space. Not a great design. Use the TV if you want any details about where things are in the hotel. There is no hotel book in the room. The sinks have a completely flat bottom, meaning things don't easily go down the drain. Plan to use a towel or your hand to swipe things down the drain. Again, not a great design. Coffee can be found on the 7th floor, not in the lobby, and it is $2.50. Free coffee in the lobby is an amenity that both business and leisure travelers expect. Sending me to the 7th floor for coffee felt like a slap in the face. Charging me $2.50 was the follow-up backhand. Breakfast is also on the 7th floor and is $16, whether you just want a banana/bagel, or something more substantial.
The location is fairly good. It is walkable to shopping and several nearby restaurants and offices.
I'll likely be trying another hotel in this area for my next trip.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Mediocre,

I'm very sorry that the modern design and amenities of our brand left you underwhelmed. We appreciate your feedback and do take it into consideration as we continually monitor our guest offerings. Thank you for staying with us and for your time in reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This hotel is NOT for everyone...perhaps for those under 30!! LOUD, music blasting wherever you are and that includes early morning on the 7th floor, chairs in the lobby and elsewhere are ridicously uncomfortable, everything is ala cartel including coffee in the morning on the 7th floor. Rooms, while clean, are poorly designed due to lighting, floor, and basic amenities (clock) to name one. I would never recommend this hotel other than a good location. This hotel does not meet Marriot’s standards...unless they are changing their standards!

Room tip: RUN, do not stay here. It is not up to Marriotts standards!
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear FloridaGMommy,

I'm very sorry that the AC design was not to your liking. Additionally, I regret that noise pollution interrupted your stay. Your comfort is our highest priority and I regret that we left you less than completely satisfied. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was rather new and clean. Front desk staff was excellent which was a big plus for the hotel. The library room was closed for renovation. The decor is minimalistic. The coffee was far too weak.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Adrian C,

I'm glad you liked our cleanliness and service, but I regret that your stay was just average. We value your feedback as it allows us to improve future visits. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to impress on a return visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Very clean, very nice, but very, very modern hotel. A little too out there for me in terms of room layout, amenities, etc...especially for the price. The bathroom is split between toilet/shower and sink/mirror which were in the middle of my room. It was my first time staying at an AC and I just don't think it is my cup of tea.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear MJCMN,

We appreciate your review. Your valuable feedback is of great importance to and allows us to monitor and continually improve our property. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best,